remy2019

Feb 21, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Remy
This week my dog, Remy, partially tore her CCL for the second time in about 5 months. The first time, we rested/crated her for several weeks, and we did the laser therapy for two weeks. The laser therapy really worked and for a couple months she was fine. However, now she is limping again on the same leg and I'm dreading the vet visit.

I have a feeling the vet will recommend the same thing again (crate and laser therapy), maybe for longer this time. The problem I struggle with is that we have another, very active dog in addition to Remy. When we crate Remy but not our other, she gets sad and whines. I am dreading the idea of just crating her for weeks and weeks just to know that this will probably keep happening.

Should I push the vet for surgery? I know that the recovery time involves her being crated too, but at least that would be a more permanent solution. (maybe?)

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Sorry to hear Remy is having problems again but having been through a very similar situation with our Dudley I would advise taking the plunge and find a good vet and go ahead with the surgery, unless of course your vet really does think it can be solved otherwise.

Dudley was rested for two months after he had his first CCL problem and all seemed well until the first time he got very excited and managed to injury himself again by jumping up and down.

The vet asked us what type of bulldog we had ā€œexcitableā€ or ā€œcouch potatoeā€ and we said very excitable and he just said he would definitely need the op then.

We are 11 weeks into his 12 weeks rest and to be honest it hasnā€™t been as bad as we imagined, we have been sat on the floor with him and he has was not been allowed to run jump or go up steps but he was walking as normal a day after his op and the hard part is stopping them acting normal.

We are glad we went ahead and had the op because we knew that he wasnā€™t going to 100% able to act like the Bully we know he is if we didnā€™t get it done.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry to hear Remy is having problems again but having been through a very similar situation with our Dudley I would advise taking the plunge and find a good vet and go ahead with the surgery, unless of course your vet really does think it can be solved otherwise.

Dudley was rested for two months after he had his first CCL problem and all seemed well until the first time he got very excited and managed to injury himself again by jumping up and down.

The vet asked us what type of bulldog we had ā€œexcitableā€ or ā€œcouch potatoeā€ and we said very excitable and he just said he would definitely need the op then.

We are 11 weeks into his 12 weeks rest and to be honest it hasnā€™t been as bad as we imagined, we have been sat on the floor with him and he has was not been allowed to run jump or go up steps but he was walking as normal a day after his op and the hard part is stopping them acting normal.

We are glad we went ahead and had the op because we knew that he wasnā€™t going to 100% able to act like the Bully we know he is if we didnā€™t get it done.

Great advice!!!!

I agree and if in similar situation, I would be looking to schedule surgery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.