Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Hi chumly, can you share to me your home recipe for IC please?

I think [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] has the recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi chumly, can you share to me your home recipe for IC please?

Like mentioned previously,Duke had both front legs only, 4 of them n raw between toes. I read on IC but what I always do is read below peopleā€™s comments. One got my attention cause this lady was fed up using creams, or whatever her vet gave. Simply came back cause IC sadly does from my understanding. This lady used Alun. Alun is a spice youā€™ll find in your grocery store. White powder. Boil water (sterilized) n peroxide.

1/2 water
1teaspoon of alun
1oz peroxide
Cotton swabs

Soak swab, clean IC thoroughly. Need to do this 2-3 x a day. I would put baby socks on Dukeā€™s feet. The ones for one year old n anti skid. Way cheaper than pet shop. Around the 3 or so day, youā€™ll notice the IC will have shrink a bit n more red.i decided to modify the recipe n remove the water n replace by peroxide only. Worked way faster. When the IC got smaller n thinner, I purposely squeezed them to burst. Kept cleaning them. Took about a good 2 weeks n all gone. For his rawness cause Duke has anxiety, I used Polysporin 2x a day. But yours might not need that if he has no raw issues. Duke is just my odd ball. To this day it hasnā€™t come back. But do keep the socks on so he doesnā€™t lick it. Take them off when itā€™s dried up so his paws can breathe..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
Marycarmen

Marycarmen

Dec 4, 2015
Kentucky
Country
Estados Unidos
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
how old is Max? What are you feeding him? Brand and protein, please. This photo looks like a major hot spot, and you should have the area shaved , keep clean and dry.

Max is 3 years old, 86lb, he eats rocky mountain blue buffalo dry food, grain free.
I notice that red spots began after he was medicated for an stomach infection, he had diarrhea, and after the treatment the red spots began, I stared to give him probiotics and that has been helpful, but the red spots still appear.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Max is 3 years old, 86lb, he eats rocky mountain blue buffalo dry food, grain free.
I notice that red spots began after he was medicated for an stomach infection, he had diarrhea, and after the treatment the red spots began, I stared to give him probiotics and that has been helpful, but the red spots still appear.

His immune system definitely needs to be strengthened so the probiotic will help. if this is a hotspot, they are a usually due to an allergy so boosting the immune system and trying to identify the allergen will help eliminate the spots from returning,

OP
Marycarmen

Marycarmen

Dec 4, 2015
Kentucky
Country
Estados Unidos
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Like mentioned previously,Duke had both front legs only, 4 of them n raw between toes. I read on IC but what I always do is read below peopleā€™s comments. One got my attention cause this lady was fed up using creams, or whatever her vet gave. Simply came back cause IC sadly does from my understanding. This lady used Alun. Alun is a spice youā€™ll find in your grocery store. White powder. Boil water (sterilized) n peroxide.

1/2 water
1teaspoon of alun
1oz peroxide
Cotton swabs

Soak swab, clean IC thoroughly. Need to do this 2-3 x a day. I would put baby socks on Dukeā€™s feet. The ones for one year old n anti skid. Way cheaper than pet shop. Around the 3 or so day, youā€™ll notice the IC will have shrink a bit n more red.i decided to modify the recipe n remove the water n replace by peroxide only. Worked way faster. When the IC got smaller n thinner, I purposely squeezed them to burst. Kept cleaning them. Took about a good 2 weeks n all gone. For his rawness cause Duke has anxiety, I used Polysporin 2x a day. But yours might not need that if he has no raw issues. Duke is just my odd ball. To this day it hasnā€™t come back. But do keep the socks on so he doesnā€™t lick it. Take them off when itā€™s dried up so his paws can breathe..

Thank you so much, Ć­ just stared today with this recipe, I hope this help to my max

OP
Marycarmen

Marycarmen

Dec 4, 2015
Kentucky
Country
Estados Unidos
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Hi guys I was putting the recipe mix in max leg, I see little better but at this time is no completely gone, I will reinforce changing the probiotics.
Thank y'all for the help

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
What food is Max eating? The sore between the toes is an interdigital cyst. The leg areas look like classic hotspots. Hotspots are usually caused by scratching an itchy area. Stop the itch and stop the hotspots.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.