Marycarmen

Dec 4, 2015
Kentucky
Country
Estados Unidos
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Hi y'all!!!
My maximus (3 years Male bulldog) yesterday apparently was bitten for an spider, I'm not sure, but he got out to make pee, when he came back, be had a bump in its toe, is swelling, red and itchy, I don't know what to do, my vet is close in weekends, any recommendations.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20190210_125629.jpg
    20190210_125629.jpg
    961.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 20190210_125539.jpg
    20190210_125539.jpg
    853 KB · Views: 161
  • 20190210_125537.jpg
    20190210_125537.jpg
    967.7 KB · Views: 147

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi y'all!!!
My maximus (3 years Male bulldog) yesterday apparently was bitten for an spider, I'm not sure, but he got out to make pee, when he came back, be had a bump in its toe, is swelling, red and itchy, I don't know what to do, my vet is close in weekends, any recommendations.
Thanks.

I doubt in a time frame to go out n pee n back in all that appeared. Have you checked between the toes and if so is there Any bumps/cyst in there? Looks like a big pimple.

OP
Marycarmen

Marycarmen

Dec 4, 2015
Kentucky
Country
Estados Unidos
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I doubt in a time frame to go out n pee n back in all that appeared. Have you checked between the toes and if so is there Any bumps/cyst in there? Looks like a big pimple.

I checked but no, nothing, is not a pimple, and now is worst , he has been scratching the area and hurt it more, I applied hidrocortisone and I'm looking at him for care that he isn't continue hurting his toe

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I checked but no, nothing, is not a pimple, and now is worst , he has been scratching the area and hurt it more, I applied hidrocortisone and I'm looking at him for care that he isn't continue hurting his toe

It looks like a hotspot... was it moist before you put hydrocortisone on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
It could be the beginning of an interdigital cyst.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It could be the beginning of an interdigital cyst.

I was thinking the same because thatā€™s how Dukeā€™s Interdigital cysts started. Red on top n sides, then the cyst and finally going all red to the end of the inner paw/toes. It can also be a hotspot like Christine mentioned.

[MENTION=15159]Marycarmen[/MENTION] you will need to clean it again and put like a baby breathable sock on it (not tight) so he doesnā€™t lick it till you see the vet. ā€œIFā€ itā€™s IC, post me with a reply and I will give you the recipe I used on Duke. It really works. Antibiotics does ā€œnotā€ cure IC as they always come back. Itā€™s simply just one of them things. Antibiotics will just bring the immune system down for no reason. BUT for sure do go see the vet first.

OP
Marycarmen

Marycarmen

Dec 4, 2015
Kentucky
Country
Estados Unidos
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Thanks you all.
I will take it to the vet tomorrow, now he is angry with his sock ��, he has been suffering of hot spots, he has many hot spots on his back and besides of belly, I'm treating with hot spot and itch spray; I don't see it better after the hydrocortisone

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks you all.
I will take it to the vet tomorrow, now he is angry with his sock ļæ½ļæ½, he has been suffering of hot spots, he has many hot spots on his back and besides of belly, I'm treating with hot spot and itch spray; I don't see it better after the hydrocortisone

Sure can be another one.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks you all.
I will take it to the vet tomorrow, now he is angry with his sock ��, he has been suffering of hot spots, he has many hot spots on his back and besides of belly, I'm treating with hot spot and itch spray; I don't see it better after the hydrocortisone

Hotspots are due to weaken immune system... what food are you feeding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Marycarmen

Marycarmen

Dec 4, 2015
Kentucky
Country
Estados Unidos
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Sorry guys for my too late response, I'm too busy with max, he is ok now, we dont know what was but the doctor pinch the affected area, and was bloody, but let a hole in there, the vet got me a cream and now max is ok.(sorry for my bad English)

OP
Marycarmen

Marycarmen

Dec 4, 2015
Kentucky
Country
Estados Unidos
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Now my max is suffering from another area, there is like hair under skin, we will get to the vet next Monday again, I will let here a picture, if you know or has been troubled with the same I appreciate your help.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry guys for my too late response, I'm too busy with max, he is ok now, we dont know what was but the doctor pinch the affected area, and was bloody, but let a hole in there, the vet got me a cream and now max is ok.(sorry for my bad English)

Nothing wrong with your English :) Pinch area, was bloody n left a hole? Sounds like indigital cyst.

OP
Marycarmen

Marycarmen

Dec 4, 2015
Kentucky
Country
Estados Unidos
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
ƍ never hear about it but chumly mentioned before, I think I should try the home recipe that mentioned before

OP
Marycarmen

Marycarmen

Dec 4, 2015
Kentucky
Country
Estados Unidos
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Hi chumly, can you share to me your home recipe for IC please?

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.