Red spots on skin???

SargeandGriffon

Mar 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Sergeant Mako (Sarge)
Hi everyone. Just noticed some red spots on Sergeant's legs on his "knees" and was wondering if anyone could help identify them? He has them on both of his front legs and no where else.

This poor dog needs to catch a break...

sarge red spot.jpg

Thanks for the help :*(

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
This I believe I can identify! They are marks that dogs develop on their elbows from resting on them a lot.

My bulldog, Bentley, had these on his elbows once he reached a certain age and they are nothing to worry about, just a part of getting a little older. (I am sure we can all relate!)

OP
SargeandGriffon

SargeandGriffon

Mar 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Sergeant Mako (Sarge)
"Older" as in he shouldn't have them when he is not yet 3 or do you just mean once out of the puppy stage?

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
"Older" as in he shouldn't have them when he is not yet 3 or do you just mean once out of the puppy stage?

Mine had them by 4 year old, I am sure it varies. I brought it up to my vet and she said it was nothing to worry at all and it was from resting on the elbows when sleeping or just hanging out. You can try getting him to use a soft pad or bed when he's sleeping or hanging out to reduce the friction on the elbows but Bentley wasn't too amenable to those kinds of changes!

OP
SargeandGriffon

SargeandGriffon

Mar 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Sergeant Mako (Sarge)
Okay.:whew: Thank you so much!! Sergeant has been through so much lately that he looks at me funny and I start to worry!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.