large cyst

cjdickenson

Feb 8, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
krampus and chelsea
hey guys. iā€™m new here but have a question. krampus is our older en. he is 16 months old and in tact. today I was bathing him and just noticed a large cyst like bump on the lower neck. it is right under where his collar sits and is rather large. about 1inch around. it didnā€™t seem to bother him at all when I palpated it. should I get him checked out by the vet? what could it be? the hair is gone from over the cyst but no other symptoms at all.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
hey guys. iā€™m new here but have a question. krampus is our older en. he is 16 months old and in tact. today I was bathing him and just noticed a large cyst like bump on the lower neck. it is right under where his collar sits and is rather large. about 1inch around. it didnā€™t seem to bother him at all when I palpated it. should I get him checked out by the vet? what could it be? the hair is gone from over the cyst but no other symptoms at all.

Hello and Welcome!!

Yes definitely get him check out. You simply never know what kind of a cyst. One of our members [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] just went through this. All went well. Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll answer you. But do go see your vet. Please keep us posted.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Yes please have a vet look at it soon...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Every single cyst weā€™ve experienced were ultimately removed. Some Vets want to aspirate it first or do a biopsy. Doing that has always been a waste of time and $...ultimately it gets excised. Be aware that some cysts can return in time.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree-have your Vet check it out! Much better to be safe. [MENTION=18853]cjdickenson[/MENTION] :doctor:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

welcome! yes, get it checked ā€¦ we ust had a large one removed from Lambeau, it was a fatty tumor, no cancer but it needed to come out

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Hi, as everyone has already said its best to have it checked out but try not to worry too much. We have just been through exactly the same scenario with our Dudley, he ended up with a large lump in exactly the same place which appeared over a couple of days he saw two different vets and both decided to just monitor it and that it was most likely a reaction to the injection
he had earlier that week and is quite common (which is what we were hoping because the lump was exactly where he always gets injected) anyway nearly two weeks later and it is much smaller than it was before.

Has Krampus had any injections recently?

Simon.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.