General Question Incontinence or something more?

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
47lbs? That’s not fat for an EB. Ok, don’t put her on a diet especially being 7yr old dog. I wouldn’t toy around for a 5lb overweight cause when you feed any dog home cooking or raw, their bodies will automatically go lean n it’s own. Simply go back to what always worked for her. So that being said.....

47lb dog x 2gr for every lb = 94gr. Let’s round it up too 100gr which is 2/3 of a cup of meat.

Don’t break your head use a measuring cup (the 1cup), fill it but don’t pack it in and put the meat at the bottom of your medium ziplock bag (tap it down) then top with 3cups of veggies n fill to the top with your broth. One ziplock bag is equal to 2meals. So one bag per day. I would make enough bags to last me a month n freeze them. Again she won’t drink much cause of the broth n all the moisture in the food. :)

Awesome! Thank you so very much! Now the ACV is that the one with the mother? And the fermented sauerkraut/tripe do I just buy them at the supermarket? How should I give her the tripe?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Awesome! Thank you so very much! Now the ACV is that the one with the mother? And the fermented sauerkraut/tripe do I just buy them at the supermarket? How should I give her the tripe?

ACV is with the mother. The sauerkraut seems you guys in the US can buy it in your super market. I buy Bubbels. It says on it fermented and you’ll find it in the fridge area. I buy it from where I buy my dogs raw. It’s NOT in your supermarket as grocery stores don’t want inspection issues. Go to your pet shop and ask. It’s green, smells n frozen. In grocery stores they sell that white rubbery which was basically bleached again cause of inspection issues.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She's 7 years old and suppose to be around 40lbs but right now shes 47lb. I used to give her 3/4 cup 2 times a day. But she needs to lose weight so how much do you think I should feed her now?
Thank you so much for all this great info!! I will do the ACV and I will get a multi vitamin as well.

I would also go back to what worked for here when you were home cooking

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
47lbs? That’s not fat for an EB. Ok, don’t put her on a diet especially being 7yr old dog. I wouldn’t toy around for a 5lb overweight cause when you feed any dog home cooking or raw, their bodies will automatically go lean n it’s own. Simply go back to what always worked for her. So that being said.....

47lb dog x 2gr for every lb = 94gr. Let’s round it up too 100gr which is 2/3 of a cup of meat.

Don’t break your head use a measuring cup (the 1cup), fill it but don’t pack it in and put the meat at the bottom of your medium ziplock bag (tap it down) then top with 3cups of veggies n fill to the top with your broth. One ziplock bag is equal to 2meals. So one bag per day. I would make enough bags to last me a month n freeze them. Again she won’t drink much cause of the broth n all the moisture in the food. :)

Ok just so I have this correct feed her 2/3 of a cup of meat and the rest veggies. So does that mean feed her a cup in total 2x a day? I know you said to use zip lock bags but I do like to measuring her portions out. also I got the ACV and I am using a cap full in her water once a day. is that correct? Do I increase the amount of ACV over time?
And for the Centrum vit do I just use the adult one? All I have found so far is one for woman and one for men.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok just so I have this correct feed her 2/3 of a cup of meat and the rest veggies. So does that mean feed her a cup in total 2x a day? I know you said to use zip lock bags but I do like to measuring her portions out. also I got the ACV and I am using a cap full in her water once a day. is that correct? Do I increase the amount of ACV over time?
And for the Centrum vit do I just use the adult one? All I have found so far is one for woman and one for men.

Now if we are still talking about home cooking, your answer is NO. (Confusing eh? Lol)

Ok rule of thumb.

47lb dog x 2gr for EVERY LB YOUR DOG WEIGHS which gives you 94gr of MEAT ONLY and that’s PER DAY. Let’s round it up too 100gr which is 2/3 of a cup of MEAT only. Then 3 cups of veggies PER DAY. But because we are all human and don’t want to break our heads with a scale, simply use one of your measuring cups which will be the ONE CUP size (8oz). So do this.

COOKED:

One cup of meat NOT PACKED as it’s really supposed to be 2/3 of a cup. By not packing or pushing the meat into the cup it will basically give you approximately your 2/3 cup.

3 cups of veggies

All this is a whole day’s meal. So if you feed her 2x per day split it in half.

If you’re going to do for a months worth of meals in med size ziplock, use same amount in ONE med ziplock. ONE med bag is ONE day’s meal. Don’t forget the broth. Fill each bag.

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Now if we are still talking about home cooking, your answer is NO. (Confusing eh? Lol)

Ok rule of thumb.

47lb dog x 2gr for EVERY LB YOUR DOG WEIGHS which gives you 94gr of MEAT ONLY and that’s PER DAY. Let’s round it up too 100gr which is 2/3 of a cup of MEAT only. Then 3 cups of veggies PER DAY. But because we are all human and don’t want to break our heads with a scale, simply use one of your measuring cups which will be the ONE CUP size (8oz). So do this.

COOKED:

One cup of meat NOT PACKED as it’s really supposed to be 2/3 of a cup. By not packing or pushing the meat into the cup it will basically give you approximately your 2/3 cup.

3 cups of veggies

All this is a whole day’s meal. So if you feed her 2x per day split it in half.

If you’re going to do for a months worth of meals in med size ziplock, use same amount in ONE med ziplock. ONE med bag is ONE day’s meal. Don’t forget the broth. Fill each bag.

Yes still home cooking. Ok I think I got it....I think? so 1 cup meat not packed and 3 cups veggies per day spilt in 2 cause I feed her twice a day correct?
And as for the ACV and Centrum vitamin? Thank you for all your help and information. It is very much appreciated!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes still home cooking. Ok I think I got it....I think? so 1 cup meat not packed and 3 cups veggies per day spilt in 2 cause I feed her twice a day correct?
And as for the ACV and Centrum vitamin? Thank you for all your help and information. It is very much appreciated!

You got Lisa !!! Lol

Centrum start with 1/2 every 2days for a good weekish n slowly bring it to everyday. AVC same every 2nd day n on the opposite days of the vitamin. You basically don’t want to throw everything new every day. She’s 7 so build it up slowly. Let her stomach get use to all this new healthy meals. Also, later once she’s on track add a teaspoon of coconut oil but only like once a week. I don’t believe in over supplementing any pets even humans. If you’re food (n pet) is fresh n clean, there is no need to take all sorts of vitamins. I’m in the food industry and all my recipe cards, billboards, brochures etc...are all plastered in big colourful fonts.... EAT A RAINBOW!! All about colours. Feeding a dog is the same....fresh n clean.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.