Should I be worried

Kellylowe31

Oct 28, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Ronnie
So my husband was giving our Ronnie a clean today and it looks like he has very red and bruised testicles. Someone is with him at all times and I don't believe it to be an injury. We have give it a good feel and he doesn't seem to be in any pain and let's us do this it's also not hot to touch. Does any one have any advise on what this could be? He's nearly 9 months and booked in to be nurtured next week. Also he has been battling a yeast infection for weeks now and getting nowhere.

Attachments

• IMG-20190122-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20190122-WA0000.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 189

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I think it looks like it could be the yeast infection? The skin is quite thin right there and no real fur so overall, that area is of another colour than the rest of his tummy. Have you tried washing it carefully with chlorehexidine (diluted, as in Duoxo pads)?

OP
K

Kellylowe31

Oct 28, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Ronnie
I've only just found it today so haven't put anything on it yet as it's so delicate and I am not going to lie I kind of pa kicked thinking there was something wrong. Thank you for your advice

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Does look irritated. I would try some medicated wipes like the Duoxo as suggested. You can also dilute some povidone iodine until it's the color of iced tea and then clean it with that and rub some coconut oil on as well.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I just looked at Castor and he looks similar (and he's 6 years old)! What you need to look out for I think are growths but I cannot see anything like that in the picture.

OP
K

Kellylowe31

Oct 28, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Ronnie
Thanks all advice is appreciated it's been one thing after another with this boy

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
What meds are you giving for the yeast infection. Yeast can be stubborn but some improvement should be noted within 1-2 weeks.

OP
K

Kellylowe31

Oct 28, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Ronnie
Hi the vet has given us a medicated shampoo which we were to bath him in it once a week as it started in his paws . I've now gone out and got coconut oil and I've been putting that on daily. I know believe it's diet related and he is Intolerant to chicken and now it seems he's intolerant to potato he's currently being fed a salmon and potatao James wellbeloved were now in the process of changing over to taste of the wild venison to see if diet change will help. The smell is so bad I just can't seem to get rid of it

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I donā€™t know if itā€™s just me but I donā€™t see anything wrong. Idk but looked n looked n..... I went to look at Dukeā€™s and even took a picture to compare...poor Duke hahaha

D2420063-9D35-4CA7-AE61-CEBBF562B345.jpeg

OP
K

Kellylowe31

Oct 28, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Ronnie
Haha thank you for this our poor dogs god help them!! Ever since I've had an English bulldog all i seem to do is worry maybe it is normal after all

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Hi the vet has given us a medicated shampoo which we were to bath him in it once a week as it started in his paws . I've now gone out and got coconut oil and I've been putting that on daily. I know believe it's diet related and he is Intolerant to chicken and now it seems he's intolerant to potato he's currently being fed a salmon and potatao James wellbeloved were now in the process of changing over to taste of the wild venison to see if diet change will help. The smell is so bad I just can't seem to get rid of it
Potatoes feed yeast. Try a diet low in simple carbs. Try soaking feet in a mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar and water(50/50) for a few minutes then pat dry. Use the mixture anywhere there is inflammation. Don't forget the ears and any skin folds. Yeast can get bad in a hurry and can take a long time to control. The go-to med for Yeast is Ketoconazole. The shampoo you are using may have that in it. If so, keep using it. Your bully's immune system cannot fight this alone so go at it hard.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

I agree with Chip. Stay away from potatoes.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Haha thank you for this our poor dogs god help them!! Ever since I've had an English bulldog all i seem to do is worry maybe it is normal after all

Reminds me of when I got Nyala and sheā€™s a Bantam Bulldog. I owned dogs all my life. None of ever had issues but normal scrapes, bruises, belly ache etc...I fell on this site and started to read EB. First thing that came to my mind is. ā€œWTH did I get myself into! Well I had no choice to go with the flow n breathe. Knock on wood only issue I had with Nyala was crystals in her urine as a pup. Went through all sorts for a good few weeks which it kept coming back. I read more on crystals n basically boils down just like humans itā€™s all about food. I said, ā€œ ok youā€™re going to be treated like a humanā€. I started to home cook for her and everything disappeared within a week. I own a business n work 7days so homecooking started to take its toll. Opted for dry raw n Acana. Duke (EB) came along and he was a bit different with skin issues. Like most in here hair loss in little circle size with redness etc. Got NuStock like [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] said to get n worked! Paw licking/indigital cyst cause he has anxiety n not food. Peroxide n alun fixed that n just got Sulfur which is working very well too. Both on frozen raw, both healthy n both Speedy Gonzalezā€™s. So basically EB are not any better than other breeds. Only thing you really need to watch is their breathing cause of their flat noses and never buy any dog from backyard breeders. People need to research the breeder, their reputation way before buying a dog, monitor the weather n use common sense. Exercise is also extremely important.

Boils down....Dogs are dogs, donā€™t mater the breed n size. Any breed will go through all the same issues if not taken care of. (Just like humans.) At the end of the day if your dog eats a ā€œno grainā€ higher quality kibble or if possible feed raw, youā€™ll avoid tons of health issues. So go with the flow, relax n enjoy your fur ball. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.