Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=13960]Zedsded[/MENTION] So relieved(as I know you are) that Dudley is on the mend, and eating again! :whew: atta'boy!

OP
Zedsded

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Hi all Dudley is doing great with his eating and drinking, i would say he's back to normal. HOWEVER!! we took him to the vets for a check up on his stitches and as usual he got over excited because he loves the vets. He managed to jump up at the vets quite a few times and by the time we came out he had a slight limp, obviously on his CCL leg. we were so upset that he had managed to do it after 7 weeks straight of rest. He's ok again now and the vet who did the operation did warn us that this would probably happen during his recovery and he may still limp from time to time for a few months yet.

THEN! the day before all that my wife noticed he has a lump on the back of his neck. I rung the vet who did his kidney operation to ask if it could be anything to do with the injections he had for his operation (because the lump is the exact place that we have seen him get injections in the past) he said it could be a reaction to the injection and it does sometimes happen and just to monitor it for now.

We also asked the vet to check it over when we went for his stitches check up and she said the same thing, i would just like one day were we don't worry about him, at the moment it just seems relentless :(

Has anyone else encountered the lump in the injection site ?

Simon

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi all Dudley is doing great with his eating and drinking, i would say he's back to normal. HOWEVER!! we took him to the vets for a check up on his stitches and as usual he got over excited because he loves the vets. He managed to jump up at the vets quite a few times and by the time we came out he had a slight limp, obviously on his CCL leg. we were so upset that he had managed to do it after 7 weeks straight of rest. He's ok again now and the vet who did the operation did warn us that this would probably happen during his recovery and he may still limp from time to time for a few months yet.

THEN! the day before all that my wife noticed he has a lump on the back of his neck. I rung the vet who did his kidney operation to ask if it could be anything to do with the injections he had for his operation (because the lump is the exact place that we have seen him get injections in the past) he said it could be a reaction to the injection and it does sometimes happen and just to monitor it for now.

We also asked the vet to check it over when we went for his stitches check up and she said the same thing, i would just like one day were we don't worry about him, at the moment it just seems relentless :(

Has anyone else encountered the lump in the injection site ?

Simon

Sorry he got all excited, but a few days of rest and heā€™ll stop limping.

Yes.. the lump we removed from Lambeau in November our vet said could be caused by being an injection sight... his was a fatty tumor but our vet said injection site lumps are common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Zedsded

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021

Yes.. the lump we removed from Lambeau in November our vet said could be caused by being an injection sight... his was a fatty tumor but our vet said injection site lumps are common

Thanks for that info Christine, its nice to hear thatā€™s what it could be, itā€™s just so hard not to worry with these fellas. I hope this lump goes back down vet seemed to think it might, donā€™t think I can face him having another operation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

Very interesting. I give Jax his Cytopoint injections so Iā€™ll have to keep my eyes out for lumps. So far, so good.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks for that info Christine, its nice to hear thatā€™s what it could be, itā€™s just so hard not to worry with these fellas. I hope this lump goes back down vet seemed to think it might, donā€™t think I can face him having another operation!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, keep watch. Lambeau lump showed up what seemed like over night but it was big and as soon as our vet saw it, he said it had to come out, it went for biopsy and was all clear.

Members online

No members online now.