Help Needed! Non-healing eye ulcers

Frank and Beans

Jan 18, 2019
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Frankie and Beans
Advice needed please! We have a 10 month old bully that had cherry eye surgery 4 months ago. Directly after he ended up with ulcers in both his eyes because he was put in a donut cone and was able to rub his eyes on the ground. We have had zero success with trying to heal the ulcers, seeing an ophthalmologist and doing two more surgeries to tack his lids. It has been determined that he does not have entropic lids and reacts badly to sutures so entropic surgery is out of the question. He currently has contacts in both of his eyes but is still squinting and uncomfortable. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and what treatments worked for them!? This has been very costly and stressful

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh my!! There has to be an alternative to the sutures

Is he on any drops or ointment?
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Advice needed please! We have a 10 month old bully that had cherry eye surgery 4 months ago. Directly after he ended up with ulcers in both his eyes because he was put in a donut cone and was able to rub his eyes on the ground. We have had zero success with trying to heal the ulcers, seeing an ophthalmologist and doing two more surgeries to tack his lids. It has been determined that he does not have entropic lids and reacts badly to sutures so entropic surgery is out of the question. He currently has contacts in both of his eyes but is still squinting and uncomfortable. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and what treatments worked for them!? This has been very costly and stressful

Geez poor thing. I do a lot of oils n the holistic way. Ive seen a few people using this spray (link below) with great success. Company is based in Quebec. I also know they have quality products. It also has hepar sulfur in it which is a great for itching n burning sensation. I am NOT saying it will work for yours but worth looking into it before buying. Read the reviews from buyers below.

https://www.homeoanimal.com/products/corneal-ulcer-homeopathic-remedy

Another great link

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/yes-you-can-manage-dog-eye-problems-naturally/

OP
F

Frank and Beans

Jan 18, 2019
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Frankie and Beans
Yes, he’s been on ulcer solution for months, muro 128 ointment, antibiotic ointment and other drops, along with oral meds.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, he’s been on ulcer solution for months, muro 128 ointment, antibiotic ointment and other drops, along with oral meds.

Could it be an eyelash growing inward? Did they try plucking the lashes if that is an issue

OP
F

Frank and Beans

Jan 18, 2019
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Frankie and Beans
Could it be an eyelash growing inward? Did they try plucking the lashes if that is an issue

No the ophthalmologist has determined his lashes and lids are not the problem. He keeps getting spontaneous ulcers in both eyes

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No the ophthalmologist has determined his lashes and lids are not the problem. He keeps getting spontaneous ulcers in both eyes

Damn.... so sorry. Please keep us posted... sending healing thoughts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Since he’s been on meds for months just for your info, add to his daily diet fermented sauerkraut or at least Greek yogurt as antibiotics will also kill the good cells which he needs.

[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] your eye remedy, water, honey and chamomilla, you think it would help?

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky

I came across this post looking for something else. I know this is older so I hope you’ve resolved everything. My dog was having similar issues and treatment wasn’t working. My dog was actually diagnosed with herpes virus. It is apparently rare but can explain the unexplained in the eye apparently

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online