helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]

Funny that you both should mention it, Wally had puppy strangles when he was younger... and my vet at that time had told me that his immune system would always be off. I have been giving him supplements & probiotics/prebiotics for years, but I haven't tried the fermented sauerkraut. Can you buy it at the grocery stores? Does your dogs like the taste of it?!!
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] I TOTALLY agree w/you, if you have intestinal issues that are not addressed your entire body will not function properly. I'm doing another Whole30 right now, a great way to clean out your system of all the sugar and processed crap that I ate. Especially over the holidays... Lol

Just find out seems in the US Bubbles fermented sauerkraut is in grocery stores. Here is isn’t. When I was back in Montreal which is also a very ethnic, i never seen it in groceries store. Only in Markets n health food stores. It’s very easy to make. Both love sauerkraut, they always want more but I stick to a tablespoon for each.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
For some reason yeast doesn't like used coffee grounds and it levels the pH in the gut. I have always fed raw, but since I started using fresh and dried herbs, sauerkraut, Effektri oil and ACV we have had one beginning of an eye infection which I cured with just water, honey and chamomilla. Haven't been to the vets in almost two years and I do have 3 bullies.

We've got fressh sauerkraut in almost every market, but I don't know how it is in the states. You may need to go to health food store. The canned kind is no good.

@helsonwheels @ddnene @Cbrugs @2BullyMama

Thank you for sharing along with the links. My bedtime reading.. :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] been about 3 weeks now cleaning Dukes indigital cyst with Alun n peroxide. Cyst all gone. He had 2 in each front paws and 1 in the back. Still some areas red but it did work to eliminate the cyst. Got the sulfur pellets today hopefully it works on the red areas. As a pup he did have missing patches like a lot of dog we read in here. By feeding raw, it really got him back on track. :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Anybody interested in a sauerkraut recipe? You can make it your self too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Yes.. please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Absolutley... I may not find it out here living in the sticks... Lol

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

Haha...we were just talking about this in another thread! My brother makes it and it’s delicious but the recipe he gave me is too much work for me lol. So I’ll let him make it and I’ll take his jars hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
For some reason yeast doesn't like used coffee grounds and it levels the pH in the gut. I have always fed raw, but since I started using fresh and dried herbs, sauerkraut, Effektri oil and ACV we have had one beginning of an eye infection which I cured with just water, honey and chamomilla. Haven't been to the vets in almost two years and I do have 3 bullies.

We've got fressh sauerkraut in almost every market, but I don't know how it is in the states. You may need to go to health food store. The canned kind is no good.

@helsonwheels @ddnene @Cbrugs @2BullyMama

I'm getting some for Walter, here's hoping he will eat it... I'm sure the princess won't... :lol:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.