OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Weā€™re going back to the vet tomorrow. His tail has gotten much worse and thereā€™s so much blood in it this time. Hmph. My poor boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Weā€™re going back to the vet tomorrow. His tail has gotten much worse and thereā€™s so much blood in it this time. Hmph. My poor boy.

Like I mentioned, Nyala also had blood issues n yeast in her tail. Iā€™ve been doing EO on her tail since a pup n no problem to this day. Simply maintenance and a good EO mix. Basically your vet will clean it n should give you antibiotic in drop form to insert in the tail pocket. Itā€™s not a pill you give daily to swallow as the issue is only the tail. If youā€™re antibiotics you just finished were pills and like you just mentioned the tail pocket issue is back is proof to stay away from pills. Youā€™re simply killing the immune system for no reason. Iā€™ve attached a photo of the liquid antibiotic you insert under the tail pocket. Only a couple drops. Itā€™s really good stuff. My vet said back then NOT to use on regular basis as the body gets use to it. Once it was cleared I then did my EO mix n been using it to this day. I also swipe their ears once a month with the same mix to keep ears clean n yeasty free. Photo is on the French side as the prescription label that stuck it on the English side. But same name n brand as French.

773CA915-4B3D-4247-A92A-3A79390F92A8.jpeg

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Like I mentioned, Nyala also had blood issues n yeast in her tail. Iā€™ve been doing EO on her tail since a pup n no problem to this day. Simply maintenance and a good EO mix. Basically your vet will clean it n should give you antibiotic in drop form to insert in the tail pocket. Itā€™s not a pill you give daily to swallow as the issue is only the tail. If youā€™re antibiotics you just finished were pills and like you just mentioned the tail pocket issue is back is proof to stay away from pills. Youā€™re simply killing the immune system for no reason. Iā€™ve attached a photo of the liquid antibiotic you insert under the tail pocket. Only a couple drops. Itā€™s really good stuff. My vet said back then NOT to use on regular basis as the body gets use to it. Once it was cleared I then did my EO mix n been using it to this day. I also swipe their ears once a month with the same mix to keep ears clean n yeasty free. Photo is on the French side as the prescription label that stuck it on the English side. But same name n brand as French.

View attachment 115252

Thank you, Iā€™ll hunt that down! Heā€™s back on another pill antibiotic and a spray for his tail. I was using the EO mix, but there was so much puss/blood. Hopefully this dose gets it under control and then I can continue with the EO. Iā€™m not fond of antibiotics, but I donā€™t want my boy to be in pain either.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you, Iā€™ll hunt that down! Heā€™s back on another pill antibiotic and a spray for his tail. I was using the EO mix, but there was so much puss/blood. Hopefully this dose gets it under control and then I can continue with the EO. Iā€™m not fond of antibiotics, but I donā€™t want my boy to be in pain either.

My antibiotic came from my vet. I did go 2x to the vet as that tail pocket wasnā€™t any better. Basically my vet simply showed me that it was ā€˜Iā€ that wasnā€™t going deep enough into the tail even though I thought I was reaching the far end. Guess I wasnā€™t. I use 4 fragrance free baby wipes and dip each corner in the mix. Basically, one corner, one swipe inside n repeat each corner of the wipe. I had 4 baby wipe cause for Nyala it too that many. Now itā€™s 2 baby wipes. Clean till the wipe is cleared. That means you clean properly.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I hope this gets it under control and you can maintain... poor guy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.