Help Needed! Is it a Reoccurring UTI Problem or Not ???

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Very interesting, the two things I get from that information is to give the antibiotics for 4 weeks this time instead of the normal 2 weeks and to see where I can buy the cranberry bladder bites, do you happen to know who sells them in Canada ?

Today is Bellaā€™s last day of taking antibiotics for 4 weeks. I ordered and received cranberry bladder bites from Amazon and gave Bella her first one today and she doesnā€™t like the taste of it at all, spit it out and made faces that I havenā€™t seen on her before, anyone else had this problem, if so what did you do to get your bully to eat the cranberry bladder bites ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Today is Bellaā€™s last day of taking antibiotics for 4 weeks. I ordered and received cranberry bladder bites from Amazon and gave Bella her first one today and she doesnā€™t like the taste of it at all, spit it out and made faces that I havenā€™t seen on her before, anyone else had this problem, if so what did you do to get your bully to eat the cranberry bladder bites ?

Hide it in a piece of watermelon or a small spoon, enough to cover the pill, of vanilla ice cream

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
If the UTI comes back once again, it might be time to check for stones. We had a girl with a large staghorn stone that was harboring bacteria. She was pulsed with antibiotics for the remainder of her life and that kept her going for many years.

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
If the UTI comes back once again, it might be time to check for stones. We had a girl with a large staghorn stone that was harboring bacteria. She was pulsed with antibiotics for the remainder of her life and that kept her going for many years.

Ok thank you.

SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo

Try wrapping it in cheese!

No UTIs since starting the bites. Iā€™m a believer if he makes it 12 months.

Your cost sounds high. Try amazon.com - the US site, not the CA site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Try wrapping it in cheese!

No UTIs since starting the bites. Iā€™m a believer if he makes it 12 months.

Your cost sounds high. Try amazon.com - the US site, not the CA site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazon.com will not ship the Zesty Paws Cranberry Bladder Bites to Canada for some unknown reason and they are not listed on the Amazon.ca site however we found them on eBay Canada but oddly enough they came the the USA. We are sprinkling them on her food and she is eating them that way, all good.

SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo
Amazon.com will not ship the Zesty Paws Cranberry Bladder Bites to Canada for some unknown reason and they are not listed on the Amazon.ca site however we found them on eBay Canada but oddly enough they came the the USA. We are sprinkling them on her food and she is eating them that way, all good.

Yep. Border towns typically have companies who accept packages for you. Being in Vancouver, Canada I drive to Point Roberts, USA to pick up my Amazon purchases. If you know anybody who lives near the border...

Another tip - if the math works for you, your pet insurance might cover the bites...

Members online

No members online now.