bamaya

Jun 21, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie
We got a 2 yr old bulldog in June. She had so many issues, including tremors. We've got her in much better health now, and tremors were almost nonexistent. We got new furniture, and now her new thing is to lay on my lap. Her head is right on my stomach, and cuddled up. It's the best. :). However now she has a tremor every time she does it. I'm thinking it's the body heat causing it. And maybe the reason the tremor have been gone is because the hot summer weather is over. Anyone notice a correlation between tremors and heat?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi there! head tremors have no known cause... some believe they are due to muscle fatigue, allergies or low sugar, but everything I have read and experienced with my bulldogs... there is no really scientific reason for them. You can look for triggers or similarity during the episode, but they are known to be harmless as long as they respond to you and can focus on you. I always just gave a small treat or piece of kibble to distract the muscles which then stops them. It may take a few treats but they shuld stop.

Most Reactions