General Question Natural Balance Vegetarian Formula

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Anyone try this food yet? Trying to figure out an alternative for my two stinkers since I don't have time to home cook and the I am trying to find that one protein they can handle. Thanks in advance!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have not and wouldn’t... it is all grains, vegetables and no real protein for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks a million for the help. Just at my wits end and reading about every and anything that may help. I feel so bad when I look at Ty and he is trying to itch his face on the cement in the yard. Hoping to find him some good relief soon.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks a million for the help. Just at my wits end and reading about every and anything that may help. I feel so bad when I look at Ty and he is trying to itch his face on the cement in the yard. Hoping to find him some good relief soon.

Try Duck or Turkey.... they tend to be the least likely to cause a problem. Lambeau is allergic to Lamb so I went to Duck and Tuna but feed raw, he does great on those two proteins. I found a place in the Poconos that I order on line and it is shipped frozen to my house. it is pricey, but they have no health or allergies issue. Vet visits are rare now, only for yearly updates/health checks or other issue not impacted by food

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Try Duck or Turkey.... they tend to be the least likely to cause a problem. Lambeau is allergic to Lamb so I went to Duck and Tuna but feed raw, he does great on those two proteins. I found a place in the Poconos that I order on line and it is shipped frozen to my house. it is pricey, but they have no health or allergies issue. Vet visits are rare now, only for yearly updates/health checks or other issue not impacted by food

Send me the link to the place you order from when you get a chance. Never tried the duck so that's what we are going with tonight when I go buy food.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Send me the link to the place you order from when you get a chance. Never tried the duck so that's what we are going with tonight when I go buy food.

Just sent via PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Have you tried The Honest Kitchen? It is a dehydrated raw and they also have one where you can add in your own protein.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you tried The Honest Kitchen? It is a dehydrated raw and they also have one where you can add in your own protein.

I did and they wouldn't touch it at all. They preferred to starve...lol.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the link. I am going to check them out. When I went to buy the duck last night I noticed that our place started carrying a line of food by Zignature. Anyone have any opinions or info on the company? I see that they carry a line of duck, kangaroo and rabbit. The guy at my usual spot had to get my bag of duck from the back. He said that the duck is getting to be a very popular protein and that two other bull dog mammas recently came to grab bags. Keeping my fingers crossed that this one helps these stinkers.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the link. I am going to check them out. When I went to buy the duck last night I noticed that our place started carrying a line of food by Zignature. Anyone have any opinions or info on the company? I see that they carry a line of duck, kangaroo and rabbit. The guy at my usual spot had to get my bag of duck from the back. He said that the duck is getting to be a very popular protein and that two other bull dog mammas recently came to grab bags. Keeping my fingers crossed that this one helps these stinkers.

Yes, Zingnature is a great food.... a few here use it with great results. I think it one is Pam .. [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION]

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

Zignature is a great kibble. Louie gets it in the morning and then raw for dinner. They also have a goat one as well that I have been using along with the kangaroo, salmon and pork. I have used the duck and turkey but I am doing an experiment and not using any kind of bird at the moment as he has had yeasty paws so I want to see if it is one of those causing it.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Keeping my fingers crossed that it helps them. They were very intrigued by the extra kibble that was added to their bowl last night...not a kibble left and both were looking at me hoping for some more.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Yes, Zingnature is a great food.... a few here use it with great results. I think it one is Pam .. [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION]

Yes. we use Zignature and my boy loves it. I rotate between Duck and the Salmon & Trout. I am going to try the Pork as well. I did try the Turkey but for some reason, it didn't agree with Monty, he was constipated the whole time. As soon as I stopped feeding it to him, he was back to normal. Who knows with these dogs!

Plato

Aug 28, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Plato
do NOT feed your dog vegetarian, ever. do NOT feed your dog carbohydrates [grain/grain-free/etc.], ever.

feed your dog RAW FOOD ONLY, ever. there will be about 10-15% veggies added to most quality raw dog food to approximate the partially digested foods in their "kill" out in nature.

Stella & Cheweys is great, as is PRIMAL RAW FOOD. {We used to use DARWIN, but it went downhill of late.}

Hope this helps.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So far we are doing well on the Duck. Keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to work. Appreciate all the suggestions and advice :heartsign:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online