Lambeau - update on tumor and new issue

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
If he is, definitely remove them so letā€™s modify it. This recipe is another great mix and just as good as the ones with evergreens.

Use 20 drops of Frankincense. As you know Iā€™m a firm believer in it. It prevents cartilage damage.
Definitely use the 10 drops of Helichrysum
Use 10 drops of Tumeric essential oil which reduce symptoms of arthritis.
Use 10 drops of Basil contains linalool which reduces swelling. Great oil! (In Nyala ā€˜s tail pocket mix)
You can use 10 drops of Ginger EO. In oil form itā€™s great for chronic joint inflammation. But if youā€™re putting some fresh ginger in the food along with the turmeric n that little pinch of black pepper , no need to use it in this mixture.

Dilute the oils evenly except the frankincense into 100 mL of coconut oil and massage in. Usually takes about 2 weeks for all pain to disappear. Right now heā€™s not in pain but you can prep him every other day so his body gets use to it. Also another way to put a few drops on bandages or some sort of wound covering n leave it on him. At least you know where the affected area will be. I know the issue is not going to bother him immediately or next couple years..hopefully. I would personally start using this as maintenance. Youā€™ll be prepared and especially Lambeau. Pain wonā€™t hit him as hard as youā€™ve prepped him up. Right now it wonā€™t harm him even if heā€™s not in pain. Heā€™ll be more active..like a Duke in a Lambeau. Lolll

One more note. IF days heā€™s really in pain simply keep the same amount of essential oils but in 50-75 ml of CO. Make yourself 2 batches for normal days (100ml) n harsh days. (50-75ml).

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If he is, definitely remove them so letā€™s modify it. This recipe is another great mix and just as good as the ones with evergreens.

Use 20 drops of Frankincense. As you know Iā€™m a firm believer in it. It prevents cartilage damage.
Definitely use the 10 drops of Helichrysum
Use 10 drops of Tumeric essential oil which reduce symptoms of arthritis.
Use 10 drops of Basil contains linalool which reduces swelling. Great oil! (In Nyala ā€˜s tail pocket mix)
You can use 10 drops of Ginger EO. In oil form itā€™s great for chronic joint inflammation. But if youā€™re putting some fresh ginger in the food along with the turmeric n that little pinch of black pepper , no need to use it in this mixture.

Dilute the oils evenly except the frankincense into 100 mL of coconut oil and massage in. Usually takes about 2 weeks for all pain to disappear. Right now heā€™s not in pain but you can prep him every other day so his body gets use to it. Also another way to put a few drops on bandages or some sort of wound covering n leave it on him. At least you know where the affected area will be. I know the issue is not going to bother him immediately or next couple years..hopefully. I would personally start using this as maintenance. Youā€™ll be prepared and especially Lambeau. Pain wonā€™t hit him as hard as youā€™ve prepped him up. Right now it wonā€™t harm him even if heā€™s not in pain. Heā€™ll be more active..like a Duke in a Lambeau. Lolll

One more note. IF days heā€™s really in pain simply keep the same amount of essential oils but in 50-75 ml of CO. Make yourself 2 batches for normal days (100ml) n harsh days. (50-75ml).

Thank you!! Going to get everything ordered and started... Cheli can benefit too, right?

Which oil companies do you recommend? Lewis has an account with Lucky Vitamin and they sell oils but not sure if brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OH NO Christine, I'm SO sorry... my goodness, does it ever stop?!! I worry about Willow because of the constant jumping on the furniture ( I swear she is like a Jack Russell... Lol). I JUST ordered a starter kit of Young Living Essential Oils from a friend who is a distributor in my area. I'm ready to dig in and get started w/these oils... [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] you will have to let me know what is good for the pups.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Everyone can benefit even you.

Go with....

DoTerra
Plant Therapy
Edens Garden
Aetos
Mountain Rose
NOW

Hereā€™s what someone wrote on ā€œwhat to look forā€ in a nut shell and sheā€™s bang on. I always said first rule is to look for on the bottle NOT the box, the Latin names of the oil. For the NOW brand look for the organic one. They have fantastic prices too.

You should also look for the Latin name of the plant that you're buying on the bottle, says Ariana Lutzi, N.D., nutrition consultant for BUBS Naturals. If a price seems too good to be true, it probably is. "If one essential oil is $5 and then another one is $70, the cheaper is most likely going to be a poor product that's been diluted or not made with the plant part or piece that it claims," says Lutzi. Country of origin is also worth looking into, as oils from China and India have been known to be more contaminated with heavy metals, she notes. Look for wild-crafted or farm-harvested so you know that it wasn't just made from a batch of herbs bought online. Lutzi recommends going with wild-crafted when possible, but if you choose farm-harvested, double check that the plants weren't sprayed with pesticides.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Everyone can benefit even you.

Go with....

DoTerra
Plant Therapy
Edens Garden
Aetos
Mountain Rose
NOW

Hereā€™s what someone wrote on ā€œwhat to look forā€ in a nut shell and sheā€™s bang on. I always said first rule is to look for on the bottle NOT the box, the Latin names of the oil. For the NOW brand look for the organic one. They have fantastic prices too.

You should also look for the Latin name of the plant that you're buying on the bottle, says Ariana Lutzi, N.D., nutrition consultant for BUBS Naturals. If a price seems too good to be true, it probably is. "If one essential oil is $5 and then another one is $70, the cheaper is most likely going to be a poor product that's been diluted or not made with the plant part or piece that it claims," says Lutzi. Country of origin is also worth looking into, as oils from China and India have been known to be more contaminated with heavy metals, she notes. Look for wild-crafted or farm-harvested so you know that it wasn't just made from a batch of herbs bought online. Lutzi recommends going with wild-crafted when possible, but if you choose farm-harvested, double check that the plants weren't sprayed with pesticides.

Thank you.. it is very overwhelming to get started

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
XOXOXOXOXO. MS CAROL.. how are you??

AM NAJORLY BIACHY THAT SANTA WON'T BE BRINGING ME A BULLY BABY :(

ALTHO IT'S FOR THE BEST, THE HEART WANTS WHAT THE HEART WANTS!

YOU & YOURS HAVE A BLESSED AND VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, DEAR ONE <3

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
XOXOXOXOXO. MS CAROL.. how are you??

AM NAJORLY BIACHY THAT SANTA WON'T BE BRINGING ME A BULLY BABY :(

ALTHO IT'S FOR THE BEST, THE HEART WANTS WHAT THE HEART WANTS!

YOU & YOURS HAVE A BLESSED AND VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, DEAR ONE <3

WISH THAT WUSH WOYLD COME TRUE!! :(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you.. it is very overwhelming to get started

Just owning a bully is overwhelming lolll.

You know Christine, start preparing the oils ahead of time and make sure to always have them on hand. Like Nyala ā€˜s tail pocket mixture. I always have a good cup in the closet. Once itā€™s out I immediately make more as I always have her oils on hand. Itā€™s simply a habit now. I always keep hers n the essential ones I will use around the house. Start getting a diffuser going daily so they both can breathe clean. Every bit will help. You will see itā€™s going to be just a regular routine. Crap I even programmed Nyalaā€™s tail in my phone to alert me. And with Dukeā€™s newly Interdigital Cyst in his 2 front paws, cleansing is done 2x a day. Within 3days I have to say 50% cyst has gone. :) Once they diminish completely I will put him in my phone with Nyala ā€˜s tail. Lolll. This is how I see it... I put some elbow grease as we say now (maintenance) or pay a vet n have Duke n Nyala boosted of meds. I started them as pups on ā€œmaintenanceā€ and knock on wood, I sure canā€™t complain. All this to say, get into a habit and itā€™s going to be a simple routine.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

You know Christine, start preparing the oils ahead of time and make sure to always have them on hand. Like Nyala ā€˜s tail pocket mixture. I always have a good cup in the closet. Once itā€™s out I immediately make more as I always have her oils on hand. Itā€™s simply a habit now. I always keep hers n the essential ones I will use around the house. Start getting a diffuser going daily so they both can breathe clean. Every bit will help. You will see itā€™s going to be just a regular routine. Crap I even programmed Nyalaā€™s tail in my phone to alert me. And with Dukeā€™s newly Interdigital Cyst in his 2 front paws, cleansing is done 2x a day. Within 3days I have to say 50% cyst has gone. :) Once they diminish completely I will put him in my phone with Nyala ā€˜s tail. Lolll. This is how I see it... I put some elbow grease as we say now (maintenance) or pay a vet n have Duke n Nyala boosted of meds. I started them as pups on ā€œmaintenanceā€ and knock on wood, I sure canā€™t complain. All this to say, get into a habit and itā€™s going to be a simple routine.

Sorry should have been more clear... the routine is the easy part.. Iā€™m OCD... it is learning all the right stuff about the oils, diffusers, when to use a carrier oil, etc.

I have a diffuser... used it for my nephewā€” allergic to dogs ā€” lemon/grapefruit oils did the trick for him:)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

Are you still feeding Duke Acana AND frozen raw ? If not, he might be allergic to one of the proteins in the frozen raw if he got 2 interdigital cysts. When my dog Honey got an interdigital cyst I just soaked it in some Betadine water for a week and then put on antibiotic ointment. Have you tried Nu-Stock or Polysporin triple ointment after soaking, instead of essential oils?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry should have been more clear... the routine is the easy part.. Iā€™m OCD... it is learning all the right stuff about the oils, diffusers, when to use a carrier oil, etc.

I have a diffuser... used it for my nephewā€” allergic to dogs ā€” lemon/grapefruit oils did the trick for him:)

Try not to use lemon (any citrus) oil around your dogs. Lemongrass is ok n completely different. Once in a while in diffuser is ok but never daily or weekly. Iā€™ve stopped completely cause Duke eyes/surroundings trends to stay wet.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I am of no use to help poor Lambeau, but I will send lots of prayers for you, and him. Sending :luv:and lots of :pray:for both of you (and Cheli, too) Love you all.
I have no doubt that you will be on the job and best mama!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Try not to use lemon (any citrus) oil around your dogs. Lemongrass is ok n completely different. Once in a while in diffuser is ok but never daily or weekly. Iā€™ve stopped completely cause Duke eyes/surroundings trends to stay wet.

See, see... overwhelming!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I am of no use to help poor Lambeau, but I will send lots of prayers for you, and him. Sending :luv:and lots of :pray:for both of you (and Cheli, too) Love you all.
I have no doubt that you will be on the job and best mama!

You are tons of help... love, hugs and prayers count!!

Love you!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
See, see... overwhelming!

Hahaha youā€™re too funny woman!

Just ask or read the essential oil thread... and [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] ....

Hell Lynn youā€™re extremely helpful on this site. Iā€™ve learned a lot from you on things Iā€™ve never heard of. Like your recommendation of NuStock. This city girl sure had no clue what that smelly tube was. Sure works wonders! THANKS!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.