Lambeau - update on tumor and new issue

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hey gang - well, the stain results came back all clear, no organisms found to be concerned about and he is all healed up, fur coming back in already too. However, we had to take him in yesterday due to a three day limp that was not getting any better.

We did x-rays and his knee is find, hips are not great some flattening of the ball joint, but no signs of arthritis. The new issue is his spine, he has fused and deformed vertebra, which seems to be more common in our bully babies than we like to believe. Lambeau will be taking Rimadyl for a couple weeks and starting laser sessions to lessen the inflammation. So, now Cheli will have a partner at the monthly laser therapy.

Here is a shot of the x-ray, if you look at the circled area, you can see the deformed disks... dead center of his back - no more jumping off furniture or coming down stairs for awhile. :facepalm:

9e6ccbb69dd182983f3e53b5ad4958de.jpg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Oh jeez...if it's not one thing, it's another. You can also try CDB oil for inflammation and as you know, glucosamine is good for the joints.

Louie's new thing is jumping off our bed instead of using the stairs and I cringe every time.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh jeez...if it's not one thing, it's another. You can also try CDB oil for inflammation and as you know, glucosamine is good for the joints.

Louie's new thing is jumping off our bed instead of using the stairs and I cringe every time.

Yes, I added turmeric to food this morning. I’d prefer no meds if I can avoid them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Oh, hope he feels ok? Castor sends his best wishes!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh, hope he feels ok? Castor sends his best wishes!

Other than the limp, you’d never know... spunky and wanting to play/jump

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
#2 and #3 from the bottom of the circle look a mess. Poor guy...I hope he gets better quickly.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
#2 and #3 from the bottom of the circle look a mess. Poor guy...I hope he gets better quickly.

Yep.. that is the main issue! Doing all We can to heal him up

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
SENDING BEST WISHES TO HEAL FAST WITH DAILY
PRAYERS OF LOVE & BLESSINGS...GROUP HUGS!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
SENDING BEST WISHES TO HEAL FAST WITH DAILY
PRAYERS OF LOVE & BLESSINGS...GROUP HUGS!

XOXOXOXOXO. MS CAROL.. how are you??

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I was thinking of him today....maintenance on regular basis will sure help him down the road. CDB Oilis one way to go along with turmeric n pinch of black pepper and add ginger. But you know me I wouldn’t hesitate with a good mix of EO. I would go with....

Joint & Bone Pain:

10 drops ofHelichrysum: An anti-inflammatory and nerve regenerating benefits.
30 drops of Idaho Balsam Fir: Eases sore muscles, joints, tendons and back pain.
10 drops of Spruce: Soothes arthritis, rheumatism, back pain, sciatica and bone pain.
10 drops of Palo Santo: Helps with inflammation.

Or 3 tablespoon of a carrier oil.

Get a SMALL glass spray bottle about 1/4 cup. Add all your oils in distilled water. Shake vigorously so it all blends well. This mix is for 30-50lb dog so if Lambeau is approx 65lbs add 1-3 drops more. Start now using this mix as it will help down the road. Just a thought as I sure would jump on this with my 2.

https://draxe.com/herniated-disc-treatment/

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was thinking of him today....maintenance on regular basis will sure help him down the road. CDB Oilis one way to go along with turmeric n pinch of black pepper and add ginger. But you know me I wouldn’t hesitate with a good mix of EO. I would go with....

Joint & Bone Pain:

10 drops ofHelichrysum: An anti-inflammatory and nerve regenerating benefits.
30 drops of Idaho Balsam Fir: Eases sore muscles, joints, tendons and back pain.
10 drops of Spruce: Soothes arthritis, rheumatism, back pain, sciatica and bone pain.
10 drops of Palo Santo: Helps with inflammation.

Or 3 tablespoon of a carrier oil.

Get a SMALL glass spray bottle about 1/4 cup. Add all your oils in distilled water. Shake vigorously so it all blends well. This mix is for 30-50lb dog so if Lambeau is approx 65lbs add 1-3 drops more. Start now using this mix as it will help down the road. Just a thought as I sure would jump on this with my 2.

https://draxe.com/herniated-disc-treatment/

Thank you for this... so, if he is allergic to evergreens should I use those oils?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.