Help Needed! Paw injury?

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Woke up and noticed Logan was slightly limping, he was fine last night even after being outside. But I figured maybe him from going crazy with his zoomies also been dealing with his allergies too so lately he’s licking his paw a lot. Now I see that he’s limping more..tried to check his left paw out but he won’t let me ...when he was asleep I got to check his legs and doesn’t seem like any of it was dislocated. He’s still eating, drinking, his bowel (TMI lol) still normal & still playing. I’ll be taking him to the vet soon. But in the mean time while waiting is there anything I can give him for the pain? I’ve seen Dog aspirin at PetSmart but didn’t wanna risk giving it to him until seeing the vet. I also tried putting an ice pack on it but instead he’d rather chew it [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Can you spray his paw? If you can not look, he may have a cut, or cyst...Vetericyn, or something similar. Or, can you soak in the bathtub? Just deep enough to cover his feet,epson salts(don't let him drink it) or even vinegar... @2Bulldogsstuff

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Bella broke her nail over the summer. Maybe??

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Can you spray his paw? If you can not look, he may have a cut, or cyst...Vetericyn, or something similar. Or, can you soak in the bathtub? Just deep enough to cover his feet,epson salts(don't let him drink it) or even vinegar... @2Bulldogsstuff

I’ll look for that spray.. I’m trying to epson salt but he doesn’t want to dip his paw in lol...but as far as far looking at it I didn’t see any cut but I could be wrong. I’m also thinking he probably sprained it?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
If it is a sprain, epsom salt soak would help that, too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I’ll look for that spray.. I’m trying to epson salt but he doesn’t want to dip his paw in lol...but as far as far looking at it I didn’t see any cut but I could be wrong. I’m also thinking he probably sprained it?

I was thinking pulled muscle/sprain... Lambeau has one now and is favoring his right back paw... no signs of any injuries and this is day two— if continues past Friday I might call the vet for a look

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was thinking pulled muscle/sprain... Lambeau has one now and is favoring his right back paw... no signs of any injuries and this is day two— if continues past Friday I might call the vet for a look

I was thinking a sprain too! He’s starting to look a little better but still slightly limping but still running though

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
You guys check between their toes can be Interdigital Cysts as EB are prone to it cause of their web feet. They can end up limping but still run n jump etc. Yes DUKE has a few!!! :cursing: licking his paws is a dead giveaway....

Treating them by soaking his paws.. :facepalm2:

(Just noticed [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] mentioned cyst..duhhh me lol)

If it’s Interdigital Cyst read the link below BUT.....Read the bottom part what people posted what they did. I too will never give 4-8weeks of antibiotics while these cyst comes back anyway. I’ve been soaking Duke paws with Alum spice and it’s working well so far.

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pet-advice/interdigital-cysts-in-dogs.html

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If it is a sprain, epsom salt soak would help that, too.

I’ll give this a try again...every time I too he would take his paw as soon as it hits the water lol.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I’ll give this a try again...every time I too he would take his paw as soon as it hits the water lol.

Stinker

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=14618]2bulldogsstuff[/MENTION] Can you get him in the tub? if you can, put water in up to his "ankles" and stand him in there for 5 or 10. Add the epson salt to the water-do not let him drink.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guess who’s feeling better now!
da85690c4a5f471bb59807a352686047.jpg

I’m thinking he probably sprained it while he was in the living room with his crazy zoomies lol so glad he’s feeling better! :D best Christmas gift ever!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guess who’s feeling better now!
da85690c4a5f471bb59807a352686047.jpg

I’m thinking he probably sprained it while he was in the living room with his crazy zoomies lol so glad he’s feeling better! :D best Christmas gift ever!

Awesome!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.