OP
D

Dorathebeefybulldog

Dec 12, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dora
In regards to the tumeric and fresh ground pepper, how much am I supposed to give her at each feeding ? Same with the fish oils ? Nustock came in the mail yesterday and I got it on all of her sores. She has a hotspot on her cheek that has been the biggest issue but I shaved the hair around it and covered it with Nustock and I also purchased the Malacetic Ultra to dry it out. Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance everyone hope everyone is having a happy New years eve.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Just an FYI, make sure you really mash the NuStock around in the tube every time before use as it does separate.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
In regards to the tumeric and fresh ground pepper, how much am I supposed to give her at each feeding ? Same with the fish oils ? Nustock came in the mail yesterday and I got it on all of her sores. She has a hotspot on her cheek that has been the biggest issue but I shaved the hair around it and covered it with Nustock and I also purchased the Malacetic Ultra to dry it out. Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance everyone hope everyone is having a happy New years eve.

Tumeric - I give Lambeau 1/8 of a teaspoon with each meal, pepper is not much, maybe a little more than a pinch. Fish oils, I used to give 1200mg once a day

OP
D

Dorathebeefybulldog

Dec 12, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dora
Update Dora has been on Fromm and updated diet for 9 days. Have been giving her 1/4 a cup of raw fermented goats milk along with fresh ground pepper and tumeric in her kibble every morning. Give her just kibble and tumeric and pepper for dinner. I have applied Nustock to as many sores as I could find on her and am reapplying every 3 days. She developed a hotspot on her check that has spread to around her ear. I shaved the fur off and apply malacetic ultra onto a paper towel and massage it into the hot spot area. She has been so itchy and uncomfortable still I can tell. Is there anything elae I can do to help her with the itchiness ? How long before i should start to see results with the Nustock ? The sores on her back do not seek to have gone down in size or in quantity and she has probably 40-50 sores on her total. Please let me know what y’all think we should do next ? Thanks in Advance

OP
D

Dorathebeefybulldog

Dec 12, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dora
2D544F9D-8051-40C5-849C-512AD1E4CEE3.jpeg
9C861D3D-A3CB-461A-BA48-A4346D53283B.jpeg

OP
D

Dorathebeefybulldog

Dec 12, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dora
Update Doras skin is doing a lot better. She does not itch anymore and her hotspots have gone away. She still has a few of the bumps but they are going away with the Nustock. Right now the only issue I am having is that Dora has been having explosive diarrhea the last 2 days. I fed her a piece of raw salmon and since than she has not had a compact bowel movement. Should I just wait it out a couple more days or is this something I should see a vet about ? Thanks in advance y'all have been so helpful thus far.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Could be:
that her digestive tract needs a bit more time to settle down and get used to the new food regimen.
that she's getting more food than her tract can handle.
that she's got Giardia...an intestinal infection that rears it's ugly head after periods of heavy or continuous rain...loose stool often accompanied by a slimy mucous, sometimes bloody discharge(what we call the intestinal lining)

I would dial back the qty of food a bit...to perhaps 3/4 of what you're currently feeding and see what happens for a few days to a week.
If during this time you notice no improvement and any sign of lethargy, see your Vet for more expert help.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update Doras skin is doing a lot better. She does not itch anymore and her hotspots have gone away. She still has a few of the bumps but they are going away with the Nustock. Right now the only issue I am having is that Dora has been having explosive diarrhea the last 2 days. I fed her a piece of raw salmon and since than she has not had a compact bowel movement. Should I just wait it out a couple more days or is this something I should see a vet about ? Thanks in advance y'all have been so helpful thus far.

How is Dora doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
D

Dorathebeefybulldog

Dec 12, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dora
She is doing better in regards to her skin and the itching but the last few days she has had explosive diarrhea and little to no energy. I fed her a piece of raw salmon 3 days ago on top of her dinner and since than she has not been her normal self. Pooping in her cage and zero bowel movement control. I have her 50 ml of Pepto yesterday to try and ease her stomach and it seems to have helped. Today her stool was More solid but she is very lethargic and lazy which is unlike her. She didn’t even get up when someone knocked on my front door. Could this be caused by an upset stomach from the piece of salmon that I gave her ?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She is doing better in regards to her skin and the itching but the last few days she has had explosive diarrhea and little to no energy. I fed her a piece of raw salmon 3 days ago on top of her dinner and since than she has not been her normal self. Pooping in her cage and zero bowel movement control. I have her 50 ml of Pepto yesterday to try and ease her stomach and it seems to have helped. Today her stool was More solid but she is very lethargic and lazy which is unlike her. She didn’t even get up when someone knocked on my front door. Could this be caused by an upset stomach from the piece of salmon that I gave her ?

Lethargy is never good... is she eating and drinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

Dorathebeefybulldog

Dec 12, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dora
She is eating and drinking normal. It looks like she can barely stand up when she is getting up. I have never seen her act like this.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She is eating and drinking normal. It looks like she can barely stand up when she is getting up. I have never seen her act like this.

I’d get her back to vet for a full check up.. something is off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.