Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 48

Thread: completely frustrated any suggestions ?

  1. #13
    I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    KMARINO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Bradenton Fl.
    Posts
    7,294
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)
    181

    Default Re: completely frustrated any suggestions ?

    I totally agree with @sheshistory, try a bland diet, then go back to the NVI, he also could just possibly have broken a blood vessel and letting out a little blood, if his poo is just mushy and not water try the bland, then try the NVI again. My Vegas eats NVI and has rock solid stools.

  2. #14
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    BabyDuke's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    1,212
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: completely frustrated any suggestions ?

    thanks everyone. I think I was giving him way too much of the NVI kibble and maybe that caused the upset? I just don't want to give up on this new food so soon. I have read so many success stories with it with dogs with allergies.. we will ride out tonight with no dinner I stopped and got Duke some toys " presents" as we call them and he is very excited playing right now.

    can't tell you how much I just love this forum. I was in such a panic today ! you guys are a huge help!

  3. #15
    Pet Sitter LucysMum's Avatar
    Location
    S. New Jersey
    Posts
    379
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: completely frustrated any suggestions ?

    Just read this about Duke. Sounds like you dot some sound advice and I hope Duke improves. Please keep us posted.

    We call new toys "presents" too. Too funny!

  4. #16
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    BabyDuke's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    1,212
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: completely frustrated any suggestions ?

    Quote Originally Posted by LucysMum View Post
    Just read this about Duke. Sounds like you dot some sound advice and I hope Duke improves. Please keep us posted.

    We call new toys "presents" too. Too funny!
    thanks!! its funny if we even whisper the word "present" Duke goes crazy because he knows that means he is getting a new toy! LOL

    I feel so bad not giving him dinner but he seems ok, he did go to the bathroom when I got home , not as loose as this morning. I already boiled his chicken and made the rice for tomorrow morning.. now just have to wait it out..

  5. #17
    I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    KMARINO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Bradenton Fl.
    Posts
    7,294
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)
    181

    Default Re: completely frustrated any suggestions ?

    @BabyDuke, how much NVI where you feeding him? Vegas is 2 and he gets one cup in the morning around 7:30 and one cup at night around 5, followed by an evening snack of frozen green beans, yogurt, apples, bananas, pumpkin,cottage cheese.... NOT all of this, but I switch his snacks around. Again and has rock solid

  6. #18
    Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    454
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: completely frustrated any suggestions ?

    @BabyDuke

    Ask your vet for FortiFlora...when my pup had Coccidia even when she tested negative and was free of it she had diarrhea. My ASCA affilliate for Australian Shepherds told me to ask my vet for it. And I seen results with in the first day. We're talking MONTHS of disturbing issues with loose stools. To the point that I still get excited seeing a firm deposit in the yard. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! Ask him about it...Surely it couldn't hurt and definitely can help any issues that are going on in the inside.

    The benefits of Fortiflora [Copied what was on the back of the box]
    * Containes guaranteed amounts of live active cultures
    *Proven to promote intestinal health and balance
    *Nutritional supplement for dietary management of dogs with diarrhea
    *Promotes a healthy immune system

    This stuff is AMAZING! I can't see why they would not agree that Duke could benefit from this powder you place on their food prior to their eating.

    Good luck...and fingers crossed they can give this to you. We dealt almost three months with Diarrhea until this was given to our pup.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

    Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

    Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

    The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish


  7. #19
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: completely frustrated any suggestions ?

    Quote Originally Posted by cadillactaste View Post
    @BabyDuke

    Ask your vet for FortiFlora...when my pup had Coccidia even when she tested negative and was free of it she had diarrhea. My ASCA affilliate for Australian Shepherds told me to ask my vet for it. And I seen results with in the first day. We're talking MONTHS of disturbing issues with loose stools. To the point that I still get excited seeing a firm deposit in the yard. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! Ask him about it...Surely it couldn't hurt and definitely can help any issues that are going on in the inside.

    The benefits of Fortiflora [Copied what was on the back of the box]
    * Containes guaranteed amounts of live active cultures
    *Proven to promote intestinal health and balance
    *Nutritional supplement for dietary management of dogs with diarrhea
    *Promotes a healthy immune system

    This stuff is AMAZING! I can't see why they would not agree that Duke could benefit from this powder you place on their food prior to their eating.

    Good luck...and fingers crossed they can give this to you. We dealt almost three months with Diarrhea until this was given to our pup.

    Jake is using this fortiflora..ever since he had week long bout of diaherria..along with a 6 day step process on rice..and chicken..(but I didn't give chicken..just some broth)..did work. Never figured out why he got it..didn't change food..I think it was a combination of puppy shots..and I increased his food too quickly. It only took a couple meals and he was improving quickly..I hope this happens for you and Duke.

  8. #20
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    BabyDuke's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    1,212
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: completely frustrated any suggestions ?

    thanks everyone. I have a call into the vet.. Duke is really fine , this morning poop was much more hard, still had a spot of blood at the very end (vet does not seem alarmed at this although I am ) and also he threw up a little bile this morning? I am so upset for him. My husband thinks he just a bug and this is the end of it. he is acting fine, drinking lots of water ?? I am sure they will probably have me bring him in or do a fecal sample this afternoon..

  9. #21
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: completely frustrated any suggestions ?

    Hi Karen..I always get here late cuz u know..I am in ca. I bet he is a little dehydrated..and tummy is empty..that's prob why a little bile? I think you would feel beter with a trip to vet..will be thinking of you both today!

  10. #22
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    savemejeebus's Avatar
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    6,208
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    230
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: completely frustrated any suggestions ?

    The little bile throw up may be due to him skipping dinner last nite. It's common and I wouldn't worry so much about it. An irritated rectum or anus can also be accounted for the little blood. It's a great sign that he's acting normal.

    When my Stig had runny poops with a spec of red blood we fasted him too for a night and made sure he's hydrated. I think it took him 3 days to recover and get back to normal. We figured we were feeding him to much so we lessened his portions.
    Last edited by savemejeebus; 04-08-2011 at 09:43 AM.

  11. #23
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    BabyDuke's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    1,212
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: completely frustrated any suggestions ?

    Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    The little bile throw up may be due to him skipping dinner last nite. It's common and I wouldn't worry so much about it. An irritated rectum or anus can also be accounted for the little blood. It's a great sign that he's acting normal.

    When my Stig had runny poops with a spec of red blood we fasted him too for a night and made sure he's hydrated. I think it took him 3 days to recover and get back to normal. We figured we were feeding him to much so we lessened his portions.
    ok thanks this made me feel a litle better.. still waiting for vet to call

  12. #24
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    BabyDuke's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    1,212
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: completely frustrated any suggestions ?

    ok, so think I need to find a new primary vet but will deal with that next week. ended up seeing Duke's dermatologist who is a vet as well. our primary is so lax with simply calling people back. he does not have worms or parasites .. the vet at the University of penn thinks it was simply from an abrupt change in food. he wants us to continue boiled chicken and rice for a week then slowly over a 3 week period add in the new food. ( although i am terrified to do so ).. he told us the only other option is to go back to what he was on before and I do want to give this NVI a chance after all the great things i have heard. he agreed bile just from upset stomach.. he was SO calm and not worried at all. Duke is flying around like a nut and nothing is wrong. I think I need a drink.

    Oh now to my question. he wants us to give him immodium for 3 days one tablet every 8 hours... anyone else ever try this?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •