Thread: HELP PLEASE!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King
    Likes (Received)

Exclamation HELP PLEASE!

Last week my baby boy was diagnosed with a stomach virus at his vet appointment, but every since then he really doesnít have an appetite (heís raw fed & loves his food). He would eat a little then walk away, but the past day or so he wonít eat anything he will just drink bone broth and goats milk. His vet says itís normal because he is nauseous & she gave him a homeopathic remedy. He sniffs his food and walks away. Iím just super worried. Is there anything natural I can give him or anyone have any suggestions? Please help.

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HELP PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by buttercp21 View Post
    Last week my baby boy was diagnosed with a stomach virus at his vet appointment, but every since then he really doesn’t have an appetite (he’s raw fed & loves his food). He would eat a little then walk away, but the past day or so he won’t eat anything he will just drink bone broth and goats milk. His vet says it’s normal because he is nauseous & she gave him a homeopathic remedy. He sniffs his food and walks away. I’m just super worried. Is there anything natural I can give him or anyone have any suggestions? Please help.
    Last week like how many days now? What did the vet give him and what exactly she meant by stomach virus? We need more details as it can be anything. Also when you feed your dog raw, is is frozen or thawed out? What brand?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Last week like how many days now? What did the vet give him and what exactly she meant by stomach virus? We need more details as it can be anything. Also when you feed your dog raw, is is frozen or thawed out? What brand?
    5 days ago. The vet just said he has a stomach virus that’s why he was vomiting and had no appetite. She gave him Nux Vomica and said feed a bland diet of boiled chicken & rice for a week, but when I called yesterday and say he won’t touch his food she said that’s normal he is fasting to get rid of being nauseous. Also, he just previously tested for worms and tested positive for roundworms, but when he went to vet last week, he is now clear and negative. It’s thawed out & it is grinds from Raw Feeding Miami 80/10/10. I’m just so worried.

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

5 days ago. The vet just said he has a stomach virus that’s why he was vomiting and had no appetite. She gave him Nux Vomica and said feed a bland diet of boiled chicken & rice for a week, but when I called yesterday and say he won’t touch his food she said that’s normal he is fasting to get rid of being nauseous. Also, he just previously tested for worms and tested positive for roundworms, but when he went to vet last week, he is now clear and negative. It’s thawed out & it is grinds from Raw Feeding Miami 80/10/10. I’m just so worried.
    I'm a little confused how he could be positive for roundworms one week, and then negative the next... was he taking any meds for the worms?

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

6. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I'm a little confused how he could be positive for roundworms one week, and then negative the next... was he taking any meds for the worms?
    Yes he was taking meds for the roundworms when he had them. He was diagnosed with roundworms a month ago and last week when I took him because he was sick he then tested negative. Sorry, I was just giving a little background of what has been going on.

8. Likes ddnene liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

5 days ago. The vet just said he has a stomach virus thatís why he was vomiting and had no appetite. She gave him Nux Vomica and said feed a bland diet of boiled chicken & rice for a week, but when I called yesterday and say he wonít touch his food she said thatís normal he is fasting to get rid of being nauseous. Also, he just previously tested for worms and tested positive for roundworms, but when he went to vet last week, he is now clear and negative. Itís thawed out & it is grinds from Raw Feeding Miami 80/10/10. Iím just so worried.
    How old is he? Any change today? Any possibility of a blockage... meaning he ate something he should not have?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    How old is he? Any change today? Any possibility of a blockage... meaning he ate something he should not have?
    He is 11 months. His vet did an X-ray and there is no blockage as far as like a toy or something like that. There is no change today, his vet informed me to wait until Monday & if nothing changes, bring him in. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what it could be or has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks so much.

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

He is 11 months. His vet did an X-ray and there is no blockage as far as like a toy or something like that. There is no change today, his vet informed me to wait until Monday & if nothing changes, bring him in. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what it could be or has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks so much.
    Iíd just keep close eye on him and keep trying to feed him.. maybe try scrambled eggs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

13. Likes ddnene liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Sorry was busy... good idea trying scramble eggs. Any more vomiting or diarrhea? I was going to mention what @ddnene said about the worms. Often dogs will stop eating if any worms or eggs inside them. Please let us know what you Vets says on Monday and please do ask about the Nux Vomica as that’s given for overeating or drinking. I just find that odd why she gave him that. Is he still taking it? I am asking cause after a week Nux Vomica usually needs to be stopped.. hunans n pets can take it but does have side effects..

“Taking nux vomica for more than a week, or in high amounts of 30 mg or more, can cause severe side effects. Some of these side effects include restlessness, anxiety, dizziness, neck and back stiffness, spasms of jaw and neck muscles, convulsions, seizures, breathing problems, liver failure, and death.”

15. Likes 2BullyMama, ddnene, Manydogs liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

My dogs caught the doggie flu, had to be at the vet's office. There are 5 dogs, and they were vomiting for a combined total of 16 days. I was running crazy. They were all on anti-biotics, and I was using enough paper towels to reach to Germany! Any possibility that your baby caught it somewhere? But I am hoping that he is doing better @buttercp21
    "
    ďIt came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

17. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)