buttercp21

Feb 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
King
Last week my baby boy was diagnosed with a stomach virus at his vet appointment, but every since then he really doesnā€™t have an appetite (heā€™s raw fed & loves his food). He would eat a little then walk away, but the past day or so he wonā€™t eat anything he will just drink bone broth and goats milk. His vet says itā€™s normal because he is nauseous & she gave him a homeopathic remedy. He sniffs his food and walks away. Iā€™m just super worried. Is there anything natural I can give him or anyone have any suggestions? Please help.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Last week my baby boy was diagnosed with a stomach virus at his vet appointment, but every since then he really doesnā€™t have an appetite (heā€™s raw fed & loves his food). He would eat a little then walk away, but the past day or so he wonā€™t eat anything he will just drink bone broth and goats milk. His vet says itā€™s normal because he is nauseous & she gave him a homeopathic remedy. He sniffs his food and walks away. Iā€™m just super worried. Is there anything natural I can give him or anyone have any suggestions? Please help.

Last week like how many days now? What did the vet give him and what exactly she meant by stomach virus? We need more details as it can be anything. Also when you feed your dog raw, is is frozen or thawed out? What brand?

OP
B

buttercp21

Feb 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
King
Last week like how many days now? What did the vet give him and what exactly she meant by stomach virus? We need more details as it can be anything. Also when you feed your dog raw, is is frozen or thawed out? What brand?

5 days ago. The vet just said he has a stomach virus thatā€™s why he was vomiting and had no appetite. She gave him Nux Vomica and said feed a bland diet of boiled chicken & rice for a week, but when I called yesterday and say he wonā€™t touch his food she said thatā€™s normal he is fasting to get rid of being nauseous. Also, he just previously tested for worms and tested positive for roundworms, but when he went to vet last week, he is now clear and negative. Itā€™s thawed out & it is grinds from Raw Feeding Miami 80/10/10. Iā€™m just so worried.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
5 days ago. The vet just said he has a stomach virus thatā€™s why he was vomiting and had no appetite. She gave him Nux Vomica and said feed a bland diet of boiled chicken & rice for a week, but when I called yesterday and say he wonā€™t touch his food she said thatā€™s normal he is fasting to get rid of being nauseous. Also, he just previously tested for worms and tested positive for roundworms, but when he went to vet last week, he is now clear and negative. Itā€™s thawed out & it is grinds from Raw Feeding Miami 80/10/10. Iā€™m just so worried.

I'm a little confused how he could be positive for roundworms one week, and then negative the next... was he taking any meds for the worms?

OP
B

buttercp21

Feb 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
King
I'm a little confused how he could be positive for roundworms one week, and then negative the next... was he taking any meds for the worms?

Yes he was taking meds for the roundworms when he had them. He was diagnosed with roundworms a month ago and last week when I took him because he was sick he then tested negative. Sorry, I was just giving a little background of what has been going on.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

How old is he? Any change today? Any possibility of a blockage... meaning he ate something he should not have?

OP
B

buttercp21

Feb 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
King
How old is he? Any change today? Any possibility of a blockage... meaning he ate something he should not have?

He is 11 months. His vet did an X-ray and there is no blockage as far as like a toy or something like that. There is no change today, his vet informed me to wait until Monday & if nothing changes, bring him in. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what it could be or has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks so much.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is 11 months. His vet did an X-ray and there is no blockage as far as like a toy or something like that. There is no change today, his vet informed me to wait until Monday & if nothing changes, bring him in. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what it could be or has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks so much.

Iā€™d just keep close eye on him and keep trying to feed him.. maybe try scrambled eggs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sorry was busy... good idea trying scramble eggs. Any more vomiting or diarrhea? I was going to mention what [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] said about the worms. Often dogs will stop eating if any worms or eggs inside them. Please let us know what you Vets says on Monday and please do ask about the Nux Vomica as thatā€™s given for overeating or drinking. I just find that odd why she gave him that. Is he still taking it? I am asking cause after a week Nux Vomica usually needs to be stopped.. hunans n pets can take it but does have side effects..

ā€œTaking nux vomica for more than a week, or in high amounts of 30 mg or more, can cause severe side effects. Some of these side effects include restlessness, anxiety, dizziness, neck and back stiffness, spasms of jaw and neck muscles, convulsions, seizures, breathing problems, liver failure, and death.ā€

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My dogs caught the doggie flu, had to be at the vet's office. There are 5 dogs, and they were vomiting for a combined total of 16 days. I was running crazy. They were all on anti-biotics, and I was using enough paper towels to reach to Germany! Any possibility that your baby caught it somewhere? But I am hoping that he is doing better [MENTION=18035]buttercp21[/MENTION]

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
How are his stools?

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online