Bentley Swallowed A Whole Chicken Thigh Bone

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Bentley swallowed a whole thigh chicken bone 11/20, 1800 hours. He is now waiting to be evaluated, x-rayed, etc. May have to see ER surgeon. We'll see. He is eating, pooping, and playing without any problems but we are coming up on 72 hours since he at the bone. Want to be safe and rule out any obstruction. Will keep you all updated.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Xray shows bone in the intestinal tract. They are administering and IV to see if this will speed up the poop process. Another xray will be done to see progress. Still waiting.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] Sending prayers for Bentley, and hoping that we hear a scoop that Bentley pooped, and does not need surgery! Prayers for Daddy, too! Go, Bentley, Go!!!:poo::pray:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
BENTLEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Daddy & Momma, sending hugs & prayers for poop.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor sends his best wishes to Bentley!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
OMG!! Bentley and Daddy, Ellie and I send our best wishes, Will be stalking for an update [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION]

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Poop, Bentley, poop! I hope everything turns out well for him. So worrying.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Update: The vet cannot see a chicken bone in the second xray. I wondered when the first xray was taken. Bentley is the Poopinator and has three to four poops a day. They think he expelled it already. We checked under the couch...no chicken bone.

My mom in law accidentally dropped the bone and she said Bentley scarfed it up. Ny wife and I did not see this.

We are very relieved to say the least. Bentley ate dinner and is having fun playing with his Kong ball in the living room.

Thank you all for your best wishes today. Have a great rest of your weekend. Me...I will have a few belts of booze and watch football.

Go Terps...beat Penn State (sorry @ 2Bullymama).

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Just catching up on this...hopefully all is clear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
WEATHERMAN-NO, THAT IS NOT A TORNADO, JUST THE FOLKS
AT EBN LETTING OUT BREATH AT SAME TIME, WHEW!

XOXOXO TO ALL :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update: The vet cannot see a chicken bone in the second xray. I wondered when the first xray was taken. Bentley is the Poopinator and has three to four poops a day. They think he expelled it already. We checked under the couch...no chicken bone.

My mom in law accidentally dropped the bone and she said Bentley scarfed it up. Ny wife and I did not see this.

We are very relieved to say the least. Bentley ate dinner and is having fun playing with his Kong ball in the living room.

Thank you all for your best wishes today. Have a great rest of your weekend. Me...I will have a few belts of booze and watch football.

Go Terps...beat Penn State (sorry @ 2Bullymama).

So glad the bone seems to not be there... keeping my fingers crossed it it gone!

Terps have a good chance... they looked great against OSU, I was cheering for them last week, not so much this week [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So glad the bone seems to not be there... keeping my fingers crossed it it gone!

Temps have a good chance... they looked great against OSU, I was cheering for them last week, not so much this week [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Franklin was impressed as well. Of course PSU will be ready plus the home field advantage at Happy Valley.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just reading this... amazing what these vacuum inhalers will put us through. Glad all ended well.

Most Reactions