Fatty tissue tumor removal for Lambeau

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I found a lump on Lambeau Saturday night... truly appeared out of no where. We play and snuggle daily so I would know if it had been small and just growing, but this seemed to just show up.
2940ada1d84afe1c1b2955ffbfa90260.jpg

3c759a2ad186e02958745d5ed847dc4f.jpg

It is hard and right between his shoulder blades... it can sort of be moved around, but he does not like us playing with it (not that we do). His behavior and eating is all normal, but it is just unsettling to know it is there.
We took him to the vet on Monday morning - our vet as soon as he touched it said, "i want it out as soon as we can get him scheduled'. He is not worried as much as what the tumor is, he is more worried as to the location of it. The location, if it grows, can cause issues to vital organs (heart, lungs, etc) because even though he believes it to not be cancerous, it could attach to the organs and make it very difficult to remove and then cause different types of health issues.

Lambeau will be having surgery on Thursday 11/29 with our number one vet.... there was availability for this coming Friday, but it is a new vet at the facility we go to and I have not yet met her. The staff, including Joe (our main vet) say she is tremendous and I will like her, but until I meet her I just could not be comfortable saying 'ok'. So my gut says stick with Joe (14 years of wonderful service and relationship)... I'm happy knowing he will be doing the procedure casue I won't be as worried. Still seriously worried, but not as much :)

Check your babies often and be sure you can see any small change so you can catch it early. I'll keep you all up to date and will post a new thread on surgery day.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Oh no!!! My baby boy Lambeau...you got this. Sending you guys hugs and positive thoughts!! Make sure you keep us posted!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Oh my goodness Christine!!! All this time you've been helping me with Joey and now poor Lambeau!!!! I will absolutely be thinking of you and praying for sweet Lambeau!!!!!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thanks for sharing. Castor & Co send big hugs to Lambeau and you!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I found a lump on Lambeau Saturday night... truly appeared out of no where. We play and snuggle daily so I would know if it had been small and just growing, but this seemed to just show up.
2940ada1d84afe1c1b2955ffbfa90260.jpg

3c759a2ad186e02958745d5ed847dc4f.jpg

It is hard and right between his shoulder blades... it can sort of be moved around, but he does not like us playing with it (not that we do). His behavior and eating is all normal, but it is just unsettling to know it is there.
We took him to the vet on Monday morning - our vet as soon as he touched it said, "i want it out as soon as we can get him scheduled'. He is not worried as much as what the tumor is, he is more worried as to the location of it. The location, if it grows, can cause issues to vital organs (heart, lungs, etc) because even though he believes it to not be cancerous, it could attach to the organs and make it very difficult to remove and then cause different types of health issues.

Lambeau will be having surgery on Thursday 11/29 with our number one vet.... there was availability for this coming Friday, but it is a new vet at the facility we go to and I have not yet met her. The staff, including Joe (our main vet) say she is tremendous and I will like her, but until I meet her I just could not be comfortable saying 'ok'. So my gut says stick with Joe (14 years of wonderful service and relationship)... I'm happy knowing he will be doing the procedure casue I won't be as worried. Still seriously worried, but not as much :)

Check your babies often and be sure you can see any small change so you can catch it early. I'll keep you all up to date and will post a new thread on surgery day.

So sorry your sweet Lambeau has to go through this! Sounds like a lipoma which isn't serious. I see it all the time on the Dr. Pimplepopper show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA8DWKGfrdU

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Can’t go wrong with your gut...Lambeau’s got this... Yes it’s nerve racking for sure...at least you know it’s a new lump. Probably just fat if it can be moved around a bit. Positive thoughts coming your way!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I will be praying for Lambeau, and you, but it most likely IS a lipoma,Have had a dog with that and will be all better in no time. All the bullies here have their paws (and eyes) crossed
for that handsome, wonderful boy!! Cheli will be his nurse!! the nurse.jpg

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I will be praying for Lambeau, and you, but it most likely IS a lipoma,Have had a dog with that and will be all better in no time. All the bullies here have their paws (and eyes) crossed
for that handsome, wonderful boy!! Cheli will be his nurse!! View attachment 114620

[emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh NO... I'm so sorry hon, but I know that Lambeau is in GOOD hands!!! Please keep us posted, and you KNOW prayers are coming your way...

That pic of Cheli as his nurse... LMAO!!! :rofl: [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
prayers for your baby,,,,,,, so glad you have a wonderful trusted vet !!! hugs

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country