sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
UPDATE

Well Pepcid 40 minutes before dinner. She ate all of her food, had normal potty break. She always has play time after work but not last night. BUT about 15 minutes ago she wanted a toy, we played a little and now air licking again ��

Should I try elevated feeder?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
UPDATE

Well Pepcid 40 minutes before dinner. She ate all of her food, had normal potty break. She always has play time after work but not last night. BUT about 15 minutes ago she wanted a toy, we played a little and now air licking again ��

If it continues, I would probably take her to the vet just in case. It very well might be indigestion but sometimes it is better to err on the side of caution. Jax sometimes will swallow a lot and lick his lips from indigestion.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
If it continues, I would probably take her to the vet just in case. It very well might be indigestion but sometimes it is better to err on the side of caution. Jax sometimes will swallow a lot and lick his lips from indigestion.

Should I try elevated bowls?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Should I try elevated bowls?

I use elevated bowls and I don't think that has made a difference with Jax. He's never had the really smelly burps or excessive saliva though.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I use elevated bowls and I don't think that has made a difference with Jax. He's never had the really smelly burps or excessive saliva though.

Good to know, thank you again!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Stumped but still thinking about Joey. Will discuss with Sandy tonight.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Right now she is playing normally. This is so crazy. She will stop, have an episode for 10 or 15 minutes then play again.

I will see what Sandy comes up with [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] AND any other thoughts or suggestions. If Joey continues having theses episodes tomorrow I will call the vet.

Thanks to all again!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Interesting...tried giving her some probiotics? And yes a vet check in case it’s something else.

Thanks Helene! I wouldn’t know where to start with probiotics, I’ve never given to her. Maybe would have helped? Today is second day with theses odd episodes, she’s always been in great health. Will see what tonight brings

Thanks again!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thanks Helene! I wouldn’t know where to start with probiotics, I’ve never given to her. Maybe would have helped? Today is second day with theses odd episodes, she’s always been in great health. Will see what tonight brings

Thanks again!

Good idea... would be good of you start giving her once every other day like one tablespoon of sauerkraut (fermented). Dogs love sauerkraut. Will keep her gut in line.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

Thanks again!

I rotate between raw goats milk and fermented fish stock. The sauerkraut as suggested by Helene is a great option as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I rotate between raw goats milk and fermented fish stock. The sauerkraut as suggested by Helene is a great option as well.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fermented fish stock....I know it’s fantastic but just the thought loll

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I’m thinking see what happens tonight/tomorrow and if no improvement then go forward with bland diet. If that doesn’t get things sorted then a Vet visit is advised. Tomorrow AM would be a good time to make an appointment. If you end up not needing it that’s a really good thing.

Members online

No members online now.