Thread: My bulldog puppy has phlegm

Country
    Uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default My bulldog puppy has phlegm

Hi everyone Iím a newbie to this great site...
    Iím lookin* for a few suggestions for my bulldog

Iíve got a 7 month old English bulldog heís had few health troubles heís had to have palete surgery as he was passing out and generally struggling ... he came through the op great thankgod .. but after co I got home I was informed they had taken phlegmb of his chest and sent away for culturing to see what bacteria there was ... they came back and told me he has had pneumonia and they put him on antibiotics which he has now completed he seems better in himself but he still has this phlegmb on his chest I canít seem to shift it ..Iím using a ebuliser and doing cupage tapping his side to try and loosen it. ... has anyone got any tips or ways I can try and relieve this for him feel so sorry for the little dude ...
    Thanks in advance 😊

Dog Show Judge
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My bulldog puppy has phlegm

Welcome to the site! It is an awesome One.
    I don’t have any advice as I get all my advice from the site myself. You will surely get some good advice soon.
    We MUST see pics of your Winston. It’s a must

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

How long has it been since surgery? He may need more antibiotics. Has the Vet done a follow-up to ensure that the fluid/infection in lungs is gone? By the time the full antibiotic course is done your pup should be completely well.

saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

4. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Bullywood If your pup still has those chest sounds, you need to take him back to your vet, or another vet. Having been diagnosed with pneumonia, he needs to be checked again, and given more antibiotics, as Chip noted. This is nothing to fool around with.
    "
    ďIt came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Scotland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ronnie
    Likes (Received)

Hey my 6 month bulldog has just got over pneumonia and the protocol for treatment is 6 weeks of antibiotics how many weeks have you had?

Country
    Uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    How long has it been since surgery? He may need more antibiotics. Has the Vet done a follow-up to ensure that the fluid/infection in lungs is gone? By the time the full antibiotic course is done your pup should be completely well.
    Hi thanks everyone for the advice and replies his surgery was 6 weeks ago heís been on antibiotics for 5 weeks.... after speaking to the surgeon vets yesterday they informed me that he has broncal problem and he may never get rid of the phlegmb problems and I just need to manage it ? ... they have said they will exray again and test fluid again to make sure pneumonia gone .. in himself he is much better far more energy and breaths far easier just hope I can get the phlegmb shifter for him
    Thanks again everyone

9. Likes oscarmayer, 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads