My bulldog puppy has phlegm

Bullywood

Nov 7, 2018
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hi everyone Iā€™m a newbie to this great site...
Iā€™m lookin* for a few suggestions for my bulldog

Iā€™ve got a 7 month old English bulldog heā€™s had few health troubles heā€™s had to have palete surgery as he was passing out and generally struggling ... he came through the op great thankgod .. but after co I got home I was informed they had taken phlegmb of his chest and sent away for culturing to see what bacteria there was ... they came back and told me he has had pneumonia and they put him on antibiotics which he has now completed he seems better in himself but he still has this phlegmb on his chest I canā€™t seem to shift it ..Iā€™m using a ebuliser and doing cupage tapping his side to try and loosen it. ... has anyone got any tips or ways I can try and relieve this for him feel so sorry for the little dude ...
Thanks in advance šŸ˜Š

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Welcome to the site! It is an awesome One.
I donā€™t have any advice as I get all my advice from the site myself. You will surely get some good advice soon.
We MUST see pics of your Winston. Itā€™s a must :yes:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
How long has it been since surgery? He may need more antibiotics. Has the Vet done a follow-up to ensure that the fluid/infection in lungs is gone? By the time the full antibiotic course is done your pup should be completely well.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=18706]Bullywood[/MENTION] If your pup still has those chest sounds, you need to take him back to your vet, or another vet. Having been diagnosed with pneumonia, he needs to be checked again, and given more antibiotics, as Chip noted. This is nothing to fool around with.

Kellylowe31

Oct 28, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Ronnie
Hey my 6 month bulldog has just got over pneumonia and the protocol for treatment is 6 weeks of antibiotics how many weeks have you had?

OP
B

Bullywood

Nov 7, 2018
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
How long has it been since surgery? He may need more antibiotics. Has the Vet done a follow-up to ensure that the fluid/infection in lungs is gone? By the time the full antibiotic course is done your pup should be completely well.

Hi thanks everyone for the advice and replies his surgery was 6 weeks ago heā€™s been on antibiotics for 5 weeks.... after speaking to the surgeon vets yesterday they informed me that he has broncal problem and he may never get rid of the phlegmb problems and I just need to manage it ? ... they have said they will exray again and test fluid again to make sure pneumonia gone .. in himself he is much better far more energy and breaths far easier just hope I can get the phlegmb shifter for him
Thanks again everyone

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.