OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Any more bad poops? Hope he is better today!

Hi everyone.. Well duke seems fine today BUT this morning ( sorry for being descriptive but looking for help here ).. his poop was half normal and half VERY soft and there was a spot of blood? the vet wants me to just keep an eye on him. he is eating, drinking and running around like normal.. thoughts on this?? ALSO need some input.. we switched from Natural Balance duck and potatoe we would give duke 1/2 can of wet and 1/2 cup dry twice a day.. When I switched to Natures varitey instinct I am using same proportions?? can anyone tell me how much you feed your bullies? Duke is 55 pounds.. so I have been giving 1/2 can of the wet beef and lamb along with 1/2 cup of the dry twice per day.. the vet said that maybe he has the runs not because of the food switch but because I am feeding too much..

I just feel bad like this is my fault :(

I will let you know how he is this afternoon after he goes again..

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I feed my 55 pound Truman 1 cup of NVI twice a day with a little canned on top in the AM so I don't think you're off the mark with how much you are feeding.

You are giving Baby Duke bland diet now, right? I would hold off on giving the canned food until you're sure Duke's digestive system is back to normal, it can exacerbate the problem!

Oh, and it's no one's fault -- ALL puppies get the poops sometimes! Part of growing up!

Members online

No members online now.