OP
SargeandGriffon

SargeandGriffon

Mar 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Sergeant Mako (Sarge)
UPDATE:

Went to the vet this morning to remove stitches and Dr was amazed at "how well the medicine was working". Well, I informed her that I actually had not started the meds and was taking him off others she had him on and was just using the foot soak and CS- she is definitely skeptical and still insisted that I buy the other medication but I think I will wait a little longer and see if it clears up on it's own and if it doesn't look even better in 2-3 days I will go buy the expensive meds.

@bulldog family - how long did it take Norm's too heal up?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
SargeandGriffon

SargeandGriffon

Mar 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Sergeant Mako (Sarge)
UPDATE:

After speaking to the pharmacist and him letting me know that this medicine is actually used on human infants and is not as damaging to his liver as the other medicine we had him on, I decided to give it a try. His feet seem to be improving still and he has not gotten sick ....... However this medicine is SO strange because it turns all body fluids ORANGE. It is the weirdest thing but completely normal but thank goodness the pharmacist warned me because his urine was the color of burnt orange and I would have freaked!

PS: not sure if this applies to all CVS pharmacies but Sarge's medicine was 40% cheaper buying from them rather than the vet and CVS has some type of animal medicine insurance that they applied to the meds as well. So that $150 the vet was charging was only $60 at CVS.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Glad his feet are doing better. That is interesting about CVS. I have gone to Target Pharmacy for pet meds before and they were super cheap. I know some antibiotics, etc are even on the $3 or $4 list at Target and Walmart.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
[MENTION=2100]SargeandGriffon[/MENTION] It tooks a few weeks to look better. It is still not 100% and probably won't ever be. Right now he has fur on his head, it just looks like we gave him a hair cut.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Glad to know that he is better now. We care so much for our Bullies and when we don't know what to do is the worst part about it. So many differeing opinions and treatment options. 2nd opinions and research are very important.
That is good news !

Members online

No members online now.