Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Hello All,

We noticed on Friday that Boris had been scratching at his eye a bunch and after closer examination it looks like the poor dude has a Cyst. We had a friend stop by who's a Vet and she recommended applying a heating pad a couple times a day and keeping it dry. If it's not improving we were told to bring him in. The good news is it has gone done quiet a bit since we first noticed it and he's no longer scratching, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and has recommendations for a remedy?

Boriseye.png

Photo from Friday.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Vetericyn makes many good products, including one for eyes. I would get some, and put it on the "cyst". That way, if it gets in his eye, it would be okay. They also have different ointments at Walmart/pharmacies that you could apply. I would get something that is specifically for eyes. The Vet didn't seem to concerned. [MENTION=13617]Enjoimangos[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello All,

We noticed on Friday that Boris had been scratching at his eye a bunch and after closer examination it looks like the poor dude has a Cyst. We had a friend stop by who's a Vet and she recommended applying a heating pad a couple times a day and keeping it dry. If it's not improving we were told to bring him in. The good news is it has gone done quiet a bit since we first noticed it and he's no longer scratching, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and has recommendations for a remedy?

View attachment 114298

Photo from Friday.

How is he doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
How is he doing?

he's been doing fine. We just keep applying heat and ointment to it for a couple minutes in the morning and at night hoping it'll come to a head and rupture. I just got home today and see it's starting to rupture so we'll keep it clean and hope it clears up after it goes pop. We have a Halloween party tomorrow with the Vet friend and will be bringing him with to get a checkup and pester everyone for food :D He isn't scratching at it anymore and is back to himself.

The Vet Friend is not worried about it and tells us they take time. My GF on the other hand is losing her mind and wants to take him to our regular Bulldog Vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] Ever see one of these?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Yep, looks like an infected tear gland. Keep doing as you have been and see Vet if it doesn’t continue to improve. Hoping it’s all better within a weeks time.

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Yep, looks like an infected tear gland. Keep doing as you have been and see Vet if it doesn’t continue to improve. Hoping it’s all better within a weeks time.

Thanks! It looks much smaller today. We'll see how it's looking when I get home from work and let you guys know what our Vet friend says tonight.

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Boris is pretty much back to normal now. He still has a little red bump but it gets smaller with each passing day. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

20181030_235601.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.