What age to spay

Lunasmommies

Sep 2, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
I know that this is a personal decision and ultimately my family will be the ones that have to make the choice but I would like to ask people that have had experience with spaying EB their opinions. Our vet says 6 months is the age they normally do it. She has says that there are pros and cons to doing it at that age.
I want to do what's best for my little girl. She will be 4 months on the 18th. So we are looking at doing the surgery right around Christmas.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I know that this is a personal decision and ultimately my family will be the ones that have to make the choice but I would like to ask people that have had experience with spaying EB their opinions. Our vet says 6 months is the age they normally do it. She has says that there are pros and cons to doing it at that age.
I want to do what's best for my little girl. She will be 4 months on the 18th. So we are looking at doing the surgery right around Christmas.

I personally would wait till she had her first heat or two. There is no rush. Let her body grow and let the hormones kick in n do their thing. We had a lot of discussions on this n a lot of members will wait n some arenā€™t even spayed or neutered. There are more n more studies and there isnā€™t any difference health wise if not fixed. There are dogs will still get cancer or organs issues even fixed. In Europe they donā€™t get their dogs fixed like the western side. This is really a western side thingy. My white face has a vasectomy and if I would get another female sheā€™ll get her tubes tide instead. Like humans, I donā€™t believe getting all your insides ripped out if there isnā€™t any health issues.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My girls were spayed at one year of age. Boys-neutered depending on situation.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Yep, anytime after 6 months... I did our girl right at 6 mothsā€” she was a pistol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online