Martin

Oct 10, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
My bulldog is almost 8 years old and up to a week ago he has been energetic and playful and then he was peeing randomly like he couldnā€™t hold it and acting depressed laying around all day and night stop eating and just in last day or two stop drinking water as much as he use to..my wife took him to vet today but waiting for result back they say he donā€™t have a fever and fe other things is ok but he did have a lil bit a yellow mucus coming out of nose starting today..they say kidney failure but running more test and keeping him on fluids to stay hydrated..has anybody been thru this or know about it that can give us some advice on situation cause our bulldog is like a family member to us and we dont know what to do to try and help him

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Awe.... so sorry. Prayer for you all.

Kerrie29

Oct 10, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna and Kane
My four year old English Bulldog was diagnosed with kidney failure in January. You need to find out what caused it and how much of the kidney is destroyed and if it's both kidneys.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I doubt the yellow mucus has anything to do with any sort of kidney issue. Please post results of testing. There may or may not be anything you can do to help with this situation. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s just a UTI and he can quickly recover and move on with the good life.

OP
M

Martin

Oct 10, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Thank you we appreciate it

OP
M

Martin

Oct 10, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
As of right now test came back that itā€™s not leptospirosis so they are keeping him on antibiotics and fluids to flush his kidneys out to see how he does..the yellow mucus they say can be from the loose tooth and a decayed tooth which we hoping might be a lot of the problem with not eating

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Hope he's doing better. I would hope they would have pulled the decayed tooth and loose tooth out ! Try to find out if he has kidney or bladder stones on top of a kidney infection, and if so, he may also need a special diet or supplement to keep urine pH in right range, or even surgery to get stones out. Hopefully with antibiotics for the teeth and possibly the urinary tract infection if he has one, he will recover soon. Keep us in the loop with what caused the kidney failure !

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Will be praying for his speedy dx and corrective treatment to restore
his good health. Please keep us informed, these bulldogs are so beloved
and we know how worried y'all are for him. Loving hugs for all <3

Kerrie29

Oct 10, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna and Kane
I'm having trouble responding to your message. My four year old bully was diagnosed with an antibiotic resistant bladder infection that caused her to go into acute renal failure. Before she was diagnosed, she started throwing up randomly, was drinking alot of water, peeing alot, had no energy. She spent a week at the vet's. When she came home, she was in hospice care. They didn't know how much time she had left. I treated her because she was eating, had energy and was fighting. As long as she fought, I would treat her. She received sub q fluids twice a day, ate special dog food and then home made dog food, had alot of meds. She passed away in March. A few days before she passed, she stopped eating, had no energy, seemed very distant and was getting nose bleeds. It was very hard mentally, physically and financially taking care of her the last two months of her life. I work from home so I was able to spend alot of time with her before she died. I never hesitated to treat her. As long as she fought, I would treat her. And she was young. Did they say what caused the kidney failure?

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm having trouble responding to your message. My four year old bully was diagnosed with an antibiotic resistant bladder infection that caused her to go into acute renal failure. Before she was diagnosed, she started throwing up randomly, was drinking alot of water, peeing alot, had no energy. She spent a week at the vet's. When she came home, she was in hospice care. They didn't know how much time she had left. I treated her because she was eating, had energy and was fighting. As long as she fought, I would treat her. She received sub q fluids twice a day, ate special dog food and then home made dog food, had alot of meds. She passed away in March. A few days before she passed, she stopped eating, had no energy, seemed very distant and was getting nose bleeds. It was very hard mentally, physically and financially taking care of her the last two months of her life. I work from home so I was able to spend alot of time with her before she died. I never hesitated to treat her. As long as she fought, I would treat her. And she was young. Did they say what caused the kidney failure?

I'm so very sorry for your loss of your beloved girl.
And for all that the two of you went thru as well.
I went thru similar symptoms and situation with my
bully girl, finally dx'ed with Cushing's Disease. She also
fought a good fight (it's progressive) and I'm retired so
was home with her. WE SLEPT TOGETHER ON A MATTRESS
on the floor when she couldn't get up on sofa or my bed.
Finally the time came when Cami didn't rally and the light
was gone from her beautiful eyes. I PUT HER TO SLEEP IN FEB,
HER VET & STAFF CRIED WITH ME, SHE WAS LOVED BY ALL
WHO MET HER.

I SEND PRAYERS FOR YOUR COMFORT & PEACE & BULLY HUGS.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending positive thoughts to you all... no experience but excellent advice has been given

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

Martin

Oct 10, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
As of right now they have not took the lose tooth out but did find out it is not kidney stones but we are waiting on blood work result tomorrow.its looking more like a uti and a cold or a respiratory infection..when I went to see him today his skin looks better and he was moving more then he has been but still not to sure what caused this situation..all the test for the worst case has been ruled out and hopefully if all goes well he will come home tomorrow if he starts eating

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
As of right now they have not took the lose tooth out but did find out it is not kidney stones but we are waiting on blood work result tomorrow.its looking more like a uti and a cold or a respiratory infection..when I went to see him today his skin looks better and he was moving more then he has been but still not to sure what caused this situation..all the test for the worst case has been ruled out and hopefully if all goes well he will come home tomorrow if he starts eating

HOPEFUL NEWS AND CONTINUED PRAYERS FOR YOUR BELOVE BOY
HOME AGAIN AND A FULL RECOVERY AND A LONG, HEALTHY AND HAPPY
LIFE! MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am praying for Biggie, and hoping that he will recover! I know how difficult it is when they are ill! Please let us know!

OP
M

Martin

Oct 10, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
HOPEFUL NEWS AND CONTINUED PRAYERS FOR YOUR BELOVE BOY
HOME AGAIN AND A FULL RECOVERY AND A LONG, HEALTHY AND HAPPY
LIFE! MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

Thank you!! He came home today and his breathing is better and discharge from his knose has stopped..he is moving around more and just a few mins ago he drink just a lil bit of water but still no food and hoping thatā€™s because of the mess they gave him..the vet says they want to wait and see him again in 2weeks To see how he is doing after taking all the mess but my wife is going to take him to another vet that was recommended to us for a second opinion tomorrow..but for the most part we are noticing a change in him for the good

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.