OP
B

butkusthebulldog

Oct 7, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Butkus
Thank you for sharing your experiences, I don't feel so alone now! The surgeon did tell me that he wouldn't be sure of his palate until he was into the surgery? Butkus didn't start losing oxygen until he was in recovery and that's when he did the palate surgery. So your guess is as good as mine. I cannot believe everything you went through with Monty! Geez I would have been chain smoking and hitting the bottle to help my nerves lol! They are a strong breed and seem to pull through. Unfortunately in Milwaukee WI there aren't that many choices with vet surgeons, it was either this place or another place about a couple hours away so we went with what was closer and when doing the consultation I felt very comfortable with the surgeon. So far no more oozing at the tail site and he's been pretty normal today, just continuing to pray for his recovery:)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you for sharing your experiences, I don't feel so alone now! The surgeon did tell me that he wouldn't be sure of his palate until he was into the surgery? Butkus didn't start losing oxygen until he was in recovery and that's when he did the palate surgery. So your guess is as good as mine. I cannot believe everything you went through with Monty! Geez I would have been chain smoking and hitting the bottle to help my nerves lol! They are a strong breed and seem to pull through. Unfortunately in Milwaukee WI there aren't that many choices with vet surgeons, it was either this place or another place about a couple hours away so we went with what was closer and when doing the consultation I felt very comfortable with the surgeon. So far no more oozing at the tail site and he's been pretty normal today, just continuing to pray for his recovery:)

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] get your list out lol

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Glad that things are getting better.! I inherited Punk when she was less than a year old from my youngest. She is 9 years and 4 months (going on 1) young now. :D I didn't even know about tail pockets or surgery. Punk is my first bully. She has a tight corkscrew tail and deep tail pocket. I clean hers twice a day with unscented baby wipes which, of course, she hates. LOL She has the most beautiful habit of expressing her anal glands on MY SHOES !! :facepalm2: Sometimes she rubs so hard that she gets a little sore spot. I put polysporin on a cotton ball and rub it on her bum when this happens. When I joined EBN is when I heard about the surgery. Well, needless to say I do not have the money to amputate her tail, and I fortunately I have been able to keep her bum clean. I hope that Butkus heals quickly and you have no more problems. They definitely are a learning experience. :yes:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Glad that things are getting better.! I inherited Punk when she was less than a year old from my youngest. She is 9 years and 4 months (going on 1) young now. :D I didn't even know about tail pockets or surgery. Punk is my first bully. She has a tight corkscrew tail and deep tail pocket. I clean hers twice a day with unscented baby wipes which, of course, she hates. LOL She has the most beautiful habit of expressing her anal glands on MY SHOES !! :facepalm2: Sometimes she rubs so hard that she gets a little sore spot. I put polysporin on a cotton ball and rub it on her bum when this happens. When I joined EBN is when I heard about the surgery. Well, needless to say I do not have the money to amputate her tail, and I fortunately I have been able to keep her bum clean. I hope that Butkus heals quickly and you have no more problems. They definitely are a learning experience. :yes:

Use the mix I posted. Really works! And btw, I WAS cleaning Nyala’s tail (for 2yrs) every 2 days, then a year later 3days. This summer I even jumped 5days and barely dirty! I just did 2weeks for the first time and it was clean!!! Yay Nyala !!! Idk if it’s going to continue every 2weeks but I sure going to stay on it. I’m just wondering since she’s 3 now, she did widens more into a bully so idk if that helped stretch her bum n tail. Will see.

Members online

No members online now.