sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I still remember the first time Jax did a reverse sneeze. It was the middle of the night and I thought he was dying. He wasn't and he was just fine. One thing you can do while it happens is cover their nostrils with your fingers, that usually stops it.

If it persists or gets worse, might be worth a vet visit just to be on the safe side to make sure there is nothing more to it. Reverse sneezing in itself isn't serious but I honestly have no idea if it could be caused by an underlying issue.

You have no idea how much better that makes me feel!!! I am actually documenting timing, frequency, etc. to be sure we call the Vet again if she is not improving. THANKS SO MUCH!!

Feb 9, 2020
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
Hello all, hope the link below works. I have noticed Joey has a runny nose, completely clear. Eating fine, acting totally normal EXCEPT for an occasional cough (video below) She will cough like this and at the end gag like she is clearing her throat. She is always up to date on vaccines just had a perfect yearly physical, etc. No trauma to her neck. As I understand Kennel Cough does not end with a gag and does not sound like this.

It will happen randomly and sometime after drinking water. DOES NOT wake her up at night.

So.....my knowledgeable peeps, does this sound like airborne allergies like hay fever? Golden Rod is giving me a hard time right now...sneezing etc.

Thoughts? (Thank you in advance!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7KjTSHcRA4&feature=youtu.be

Hello, my EBD is doing this right now. So I searched for a thread like this. We played in the sun earlier, but it was kinda cold. Also, it rained he played in the rain a tiny bit. Was wondering how you got rid of yours. He doesnt have any discharge from his nose but he does this like in the video you posted. How did you get rid of it and what did you give your EBD? Thank you

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hello, my EBD is doing this right now. So I searched for a thread like this. We played in the sun earlier, but it was kinda cold. Also, it rained he played in the rain a tiny bit. Was wondering how you got rid of yours. He doesnt have any discharge from his nose but he does this like in the video you posted. How did you get rid of it and what did you give your EBD? Thank you

So sorry for delay, I’ve been in the middle of selling my house and moving.

Joey got better on her own, no meds needed and it never happened again, that I can recall. How is he feeling now?

Feb 9, 2020
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
So sorry for delay, I’ve been in the middle of selling my house and moving.

Joey got better on her own, no meds needed and it never happened again, that I can recall. How is he feeling now?

No worries. Thanks so much. He doesn't do it anymore too. It was just one or two coughs and then it disappeared. I just tend to be paranoid with my EBD . Thank you!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.