Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 46

Thread: Joey Cough - Allergies? (Video)

  1. #25
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    42,258
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    13563

    Default Re: Joey Cough - Allergies? (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Well, I have 5 coughing,gagging,dogs!Sounds like whooping cough! (honking like a goose)Couldn't sleep at all last night, as it was much worse, just like when little kids are sick-it's always worse at night(been there,too.)
    Now they are all taking meds and cough syrup! There is one who is a real problem to give meds(very wise....) The bullies eat anything! ha!ha!
    My dogs never leave the property(except to vets....) and so I never thought they needed KC shots. and that is where they (Maude) picked it up. What a nightmare for them! Me,too! I sure hope Joey does not have it @sisters3 If she does, you will know it for sure! All the dogs, over all my years, never had KC and it is horrible!
    OH NO!!! All 5 of them? Even the Prys? Good LORD, I hope they heal up soon and you get some good rest. Have you tried a vaporizer?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  2. #26
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,143
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3483

    Default Re: Joey Cough - Allergies? (Video)

    oh my goodness! horrid with ONE and FIVE!! nightmare! hope you all get sleep tonight.

  3. #27
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    7,150
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    8633

    Default Re: Joey Cough - Allergies? (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Well, I have 5 coughing,gagging,dogs!Sounds like whooping cough! (honking like a goose)Couldn't sleep at all last night, as it was much worse, just like when little kids are sick-it's always worse at night(been there,too.)
    Now they are all taking meds and cough syrup! There is one who is a real problem to give meds(very wise....) The bullies eat anything! ha!ha!
    My dogs never leave the property(except to vets....) and so I never thought they needed KC shots. and that is where they (Maude) picked it up. What a nightmare for them! Me,too! I sure hope Joey does not have it @sisters3 If she does, you will know it for sure! All the dogs, over all my years, never had KC and it is horrible!
    I saw a documentary a few years ago about the KC vaccine. Doesn’t even protect 75% of the dog and completely useless. I never gave that shot to any of my dogs. When I had my GS and had to cross the other side of Canada but this time I had to fly out, the RCMP kennels insists the dog to have the vaccine or they can’t bored there. Being stuck cause no other kennel wanted Major I had to get him the shot Now for Duke n Nyala, nope they aren’t getting it. Here’s a good article...

    https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.co...cough-vaccine/

  4. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
  5. #28
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,544
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    7993

    Default Re: Joey Cough - Allergies? (Video)

    @helsonwheels Thank you for the article! My dogs have never in all my years, had anything like this. It is horrible. terrible coughing,gagging and mucous. Times 5. Since we got up this a.m., I have been going here and there with paper towels and disinfectant cleaning up mucous! They caught this from Maude who had a lesser case(caught when she had surgery/still no results) and having a terrible time getting meds. into one "wise old owl!" She is impossible to fool. @2BullyMama No, the Pyrs. do not have it-they don't hang with the "gang of 5". They are friends through the fence, but They probably have the best immune systems. I don't leave the prop with the 5, so they have yearly shots, but are relatively "sterile!"
    I hope no one else has to go through this it is horrible for the dogs and the parent!( the vet office should have to pay for it-but I have to pay them!!) Lucky me! "When it rains it pours"-such a true old saying. Being alone-if not for you all at EBN, as one old neighbor used to say when I was a child , I would "take the gas"
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  6. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels, Texas Carol liked this post
  7. #29
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    oscarmayer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,375
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    5018

    Default Re: Joey Cough - Allergies? (Video)

    Dang, I leave on Vaca for a few days and all hell breaks loose! Hoping those precious ones get better soon.

    saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

  8. Likes sisters3, Texas Carol liked this post
  9. #30
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    7,150
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    8633

    Default Re: Joey Cough - Allergies? (Video)

    Like having a classroom of sick kids and next thing you know you have an empty class. All home sick..

    Hang in there bella your clan will all bounce back very soon !!

  10. #31
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    7,150
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    8633

    Default Re: Joey Cough - Allergies? (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    @helsonwheels Thank you for the article! My dogs have never in all my years, had anything like this. It is horrible. terrible coughing,gagging and mucous. Times 5. Since we got up this a.m., I have been going here and there with paper towels and disinfectant cleaning up mucous! They caught this from Maude who had a lesser case(caught when she had surgery/still no results) and having a terrible time getting meds. into one "wise old owl!" She is impossible to fool. @2BullyMama No, the Pyrs. do not have it-they don't hang with the "gang of 5". They are friends through the fence, but They probably have the best immune systems. I don't leave the prop with the 5, so they have yearly shots, but are relatively "sterile!"
    I hope no one else has to go through this it is horrible for the dogs and the parent!( the vet office should have to pay for it-but I have to pay them!!) Lucky me! "When it rains it pours"-such a true old saying. Being alone-if not for you all at EBN, as one old neighbor used to say when I was a child , I would "take the gas"
    If I have to give Benadryl to Duke, he’ll fish out the pill n drop it. He use to just gobble it up....Now I buy them little round baby bell cheese. I cut up the little BB in 1/4s n hide it in there. Works well.

  11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  12. #32
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,514
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
    Likes (Received)
    3274

    Default Re: Joey Cough - Allergies? (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    @helsonwheels Thank you for the article! My dogs have never in all my years, had anything like this. It is horrible. terrible coughing,gagging and mucous. Times 5. Since we got up this a.m., I have been going here and there with paper towels and disinfectant cleaning up mucous! They caught this from Maude who had a lesser case(caught when she had surgery/still no results) and having a terrible time getting meds. into one "wise old owl!" She is impossible to fool. @2BullyMama No, the Pyrs. do not have it-they don't hang with the "gang of 5". They are friends through the fence, but They probably have the best immune systems. I don't leave the prop with the 5, so they have yearly shots, but are relatively "sterile!"
    I hope no one else has to go through this it is horrible for the dogs and the parent!( the vet office should have to pay for it-but I have to pay them!!) Lucky me! "When it rains it pours"-such a true old saying. Being alone-if not for you all at EBN, as one old neighbor used to say when I was a child , I would "take the gas"

    Dear Lynn, I am enraged and tearful, by turns, to hear of such undeserved misery!
    If a tangible monster, you could ride out to slay it and even if it killed you, better than
    these insidious, cowardly, sneaky jabs out of nowhere!

    When I put Cami to sleep in Feb, I wanted so much to lay down beside her & go to sleep
    with her! Anything but this long, slow, lonely decline without a good fight unto death.

    None of this is fair, my darling girl and my heart is broken with you and for you,
    I will beseech Almighty God for justice on your behalf and to annilate the forces of evil
    that seek to destroy you as they did Job. And as God delivered the blameless Job, may He
    also deliver you, my dearly loved sister...In Jesus Name, Amen & Amen!

    I send tight, loving hugs to each of you and am with you in spirit, always. XOXO


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  13. Likes Hankster, 2BullyMama, Manydogs liked this post
  14. #33
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,514
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
    Likes (Received)
    3274

    Default Re: Joey Cough - Allergies? (Video)

    @sisters3

    Dearest Sue, I pray that precious Joey is recovering her good health.
    Such worry for them just wears us out! Sending big, bully hugs to y'all, XOXO


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  15. Likes sisters3, 2BullyMama liked this post
  16. #34
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,329
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    2825

    Default Re: Joey Cough - Allergies? (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    @sisters3

    Dearest Sue, I pray that precious Joey is recovering her good health.
    Such worry for them just wears us out! Sending big, bully hugs to y'all, XOXO
    Thank you so much!!! How blessed I am to have so many such as you here to guide me and pray for my dear Joey!! It got pretty humid here the past 2 days and the cough and reverse sneezing was a bit more frequent. COLDER weather coming so......praying that all it was was simple allergies
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  17. #35
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,544
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    7993

    Default Re: Joey Cough - Allergies? (Video)

    @sisters3 I pray that Joey is okay. I don't want anyone to have to deal with this nightmare! Still sick!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  18. Likes sisters3, 2BullyMama liked this post
  19. #36
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,329
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    2825

    Default Re: Joey Cough - Allergies? (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    @sisters3 I pray that Joey is okay. I don't want anyone to have to deal with this nightmare! Still sick!
    Lynn thank you so much!!! I certainly pray for your pack!!! I just could not imagine!! Are they getting any relief from the meds?

    Joey seem to continue to get better EXCEPT when she exerts herself too much (excited to see my sister) all of a sudden reverse sneeze episode...so crazy!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  20. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •