Woody1

Sep 25, 2018
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hi everyone this is my first post on this site ...
I have a 5and half month old bulldog puppy after having him for around 2 weeks he developed a cough which initially I thought was kennel cough I took him to my local vet and she prescribed antibiotics and anti inflamatories and sent him home 2 weeks later still had cough but now sounds like a Phlemy cough took him back to vets and she prescribed more antibiotics and anti inflamatories after few weeks still no improvement so took him back again different vet this time and she has said she thinks it may be elongated palete andshe needs to put him under anisthetic to do xray and if thereā€™s a problem to do surgery on it straight away .. now Iā€™ve spoken to few people who breed bulldogs who say that I should leave it until he is at least a year old before this type of surgery as his head hasnā€™t started to grow or split yet ..and sometimes they grow out of this palete problem and thereā€™s no need for this risky operation .any help on this matter would be great as Iā€™m very worried about the risk of him going under anisthetic heā€™s so precious to me
Thanks for any help

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN!

6 moths is young for this procedure, unless it is causing serious issues.

Be sure you have a experienced bulldog vet and if you can post a video of him so we can hear the issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would find a good bulldog vet and get a second opinion. It does sound like it is causing your baby problems and may need the surgery, but you would want a good bulldog vet doing that surgery.

OP
W

Woody1

Sep 25, 2018
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thanks very much for the advice really start to worry me ... although he a little terror on times I wouldnā€™t be without him ... Iā€™ll post video of him ASAP and Iā€™ll check out some good bulldog vets around me thanks again

Members online

No members online now.