Surgery tomorrow. Anaesthesia question.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi everyone. Stiggy is getting neutered tomorrow for a suspected growth. Heā€™s acting well thankfully. My husband noticed it and went to the vet right away.

i was hoping that someone can provide me with insight on the most up to date safest method of anaesthesia on bulldogs. I know last time Punkin had surgery, we were lucky that they were already using what ebn recommended.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi everyone. Stiggy is getting neutered tomorrow for a suspected growth. Heā€™s acting well thankfully. My husband noticed it and went to the vet right away.

i was hoping that someone can provide me with insight on the most up to date safest method of anaesthesia on bulldogs. I know last time Punkin had surgery, we were lucky that they were already using what ebn recommended.

I always get confused.... [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] do you remember which is better for flat-face breeds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Propofol
unless there's something better now

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I always get confused.... @ddnene do you remember which is better for flat-face breeds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, yesterday was insanity... it is propofol from what I remember.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.