Three Puppy Issues?

KiaTia

Sep 12, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Calvin "Peety"
First, our boy is now 4.5 months old. Took him to the vet because of a limp on his right leg. Vet thinks it is in his elbow. He now has a hard time walking and will stop and put his head on the floor between his front legs with his butt up in the air. Very sad to see.

Second the vet pushed with thumbs on his rear hip joints and he immediately crouched down. He has concerns about this.

Third he is wearing down the toe center toenails on his front paws and he does not walk on concrete much.

The breeder is working with us and does not have hip or elbow issues with either of the parents.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Have they done any x-rays on the puppy to see what is going on?

OP
K

KiaTia

Sep 12, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Calvin "Peety"

Not yet that is the next step but the vet is worried he might have all of these issues due to genetics.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Interesting for that age genetic issues all come out in one pop especially the hips. I never heard of it before. Too young. Keep us posted so we know what the vet said?

OP
K

KiaTia

Sep 12, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Calvin "Peety"

Not yet that is the next step but the vet is worried he might have all of these issues due to genetics.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, X-rays will give the needed insight. Sending positive thoughts it is just growing pains.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.