cookiern

Sep 3, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila
Hello all,

Our bully is 3 years old she's been on mostly Orijen her whole life, as of a few months ago she has started to have soft to runny poop once a day (mostly the last poop of the day), she's been on probiotics, we have tried several GI sensitive foods, adding pumpkin etc. She has had allergy testing and is we are currently switching her to GO Salmon Limited Ingredient food since fish was the lowest on her allergies. She has no other symptoms and seems completely unbothered by this once a day event. She of course has also been tested for parasites, Giardia, worms etc. We feed her twice a day according to the feeding guidelines and she gets nothing no other food, we've removed all additional things she was taking (salmon oil, glucosamine chews) just in case but no luck. Anyone encountered the same?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It might be too much food... the bags always list more than needed (you'll buy more).... try cutting back just a little bit and see if it makes a differnence

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello all,

Our bully is 3 years old she's been on mostly Orijen her whole life, as of a few months ago she has started to have soft to runny poop once a day (mostly the last poop of the day), she's been on probiotics, we have tried several GI sensitive foods, adding pumpkin etc. She has had allergy testing and is we are currently switching her to GO Salmon Limited Ingredient food since fish was the lowest on her allergies. She has no other symptoms and seems completely unbothered by this once a day event. She of course has also been tested for parasites, Giardia, worms etc. We feed her twice a day according to the feeding guidelines and she gets nothing no other food, we've removed all additional things she was taking (salmon oil, glucosamine chews) just in case but no luck. Anyone encountered the same?

Orijen is top notch kibble but you need to give less as Christine said. Orijen is very rich. You can also switch her to Acana since it’s the same company. No big transition there. But start giving less see how that goes. Odd it’s only the last poop.

Btw how much are you feeding per day?

OP
C

cookiern

Sep 3, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila
She's getting 2 cups total daily (bag calls for 1.5-2 cups daily), but isn't weird that she would only start reacting to this as of a few months ago?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
She's getting 2 cups total daily (bag calls for 1.5-2 cups daily), but isn't weird that she would only start reacting to this as of a few months ago?

Weird if she’s been on it for 3years What else does she eat like snacks or other than her kibbles?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Not really, just like us chemistry changes and it may be it no longer agrees with her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.