OP
O

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
Thanks for the reassurance! But I donā€™t think the problem is showing up in the photos, we didnā€™t notice it ourselves, until one day we took him for a trip to meet the breeder.

OP
O

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
This is what my breeder recommended as well. I switched Lincoln from puppy food to adult food at 4 months old.

Thank you for your comments. Iā€™ve switched to Royal Canine Medium Junior, the breeder recommended that I stick with that till he is 9 months, otherwise he wouldnā€™t reach his maximum potential, on the other hand vet said we should shift to RC Adult Maxi.

Iā€™m getting confused. . . so we purchased only a 4kg bag of RC Medium Junior, to mix initial with his older food.

Thanks for your time.

Would you mind, if I asked what is Lincolnā€™s adult height?

Thanks again

rbourque314

Jun 25, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lincoln
Thank you for your comments. Iā€™ve switched to Royal Canine Medium Junior, the breeder recommended that I stick with that till he is 9 months, otherwise he wouldnā€™t reach his maximum potential, on the other hand vet said we should shift to RC Adult Maxi.

Iā€™m getting confused. . . so we purchased only a 4kg bag of RC Medium Junior, to mix initial with his older food.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks again

Lincoln hovers around 50 lbs.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

Thanks for your time.

Thanks again

I do not know what dog food is available in India, but I would seriously consider a better quality food if possible. Royal Canin is not considered a good food. The foods most often recommended in the US are Acana, Fromm, Zignature, Orijen. There are many more but again it depends on what is available where you are. Check the website Dogfoodadvisor.com and check their 5 star foods (4 star at the very least) and ingredients then look for a comparable food. I am not a dog food expert by any means but I know what works for my my dog and what doesn't. There are many on here that are more knowlegable than me and will be glad to answer any questions. Good luck!

OP
O

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
I do not know what dog food is available in India, but I would seriously consider a better quality food if possible. Royal Canin is not considered a good food. The foods most often recommended in the US are Acana, Fromm, Zignature, Orijen. There are many more but again it depends on what is available where you are. Check the website Dogfoodadvisor.com and check their 5 star foods (4 star at the very least) and ingredients then look for a comparable food. I am not a dog food expert by any means but I know what works for my my dog and what doesn't. There are many on here that are more knowlegable than me and will be glad to answer any questions. Good luck!

Thank you for your concern, that is exactly what I felt two months back, so we switched from Royal Canine to Famina N&D, the vet said to go back to Royal Canine. Grain free foods are better I canā€™t understand why the vet said to go back to Royal Canine.

Should I go in for a grain free brand. Our pet store sells Arden Grange, is that brand better than Royal Canine?

Thanks for your time.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I found this website that explains about the different foods available to you. I couldn't find any info on Arden Grange on Dog Food Advisor. Lots of Bulldogs have problems with chicken (mine included) so I would try to avoid that if possible and get a limited ingredient food, again, if possible. I haven't had a bulldog puppy so I can't tell you anything about grain free at this point. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] hopefully will chime in and go over this site and she also has lots of great info.

A lot of breeders over here recommend RC for some unknown reason (laziness, I think), also a lot of vets as they also sell it and get a kick-back

https://www.dogspot.in/review-dog-food-brands-available-india/

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you for your concern, that is exactly what I felt two months back, so we switched from Royal Canine to Famina N&D, the vet said to go back to Royal Canine. Grain free foods are better I canā€™t understand why the vet said to go back to Royal Canine.

Should I go in for a grain free brand. Our pet store sells Arden Grange, is that brand better than Royal Canine?

Thanks for your time.

Please get him off RC. Itā€™s loaded of grains. Tell your vet itā€™s a dog not a cow!

Since youā€™re in India, we have no clue what grain free kibbles you have available. Dogfoodadvisor.com will give you the 5 stars brand. Make a list and see if you can find these kibbles in your area. If not, go raw if you can. For his feet Iā€™m pretty sure they are normal. Hereā€™s a couple thread that will open up your eye and great suggestions!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/57090-holistic-approach.html

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Thanks for your time.

Farmina is a great food, if you canā€™t get any better in India, stay with it, but get off chicken and grains. RC is all fillers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
O

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
Please get him off RC. Itā€™s loaded of grains. Tell your vet itā€™s a dog not a cow!

Since youā€™re in India, we have no clue what grain free kibbles you have available. Dogfoodadvisor.com will give you the 5 stars brand. Make a list and see if you can find these kibbles in your area. If not, go raw if you can. For his feet Iā€™m pretty sure they are normal. Hereā€™s a couple thread that will open up your eye and great suggestions]

Thanks so much for your concern and support Helen. I was so happy to read your message. The world is better place because of people like you!

I have a lot of mixed feelings about the vet, perhaps he wishes to see the dog more often :), so he recommended that I switch to RC.

I will get him of RC as soon as possible and switch to a grain free brand. In India we do get some of grain free brands, which are listed which are listed on |dog food advisor.com|.

Once again thanks so much for your concern!

OP
O

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
I found this website that explains about the different foods available to you. I couldn't find any info on Arden Grange on Dog Food Advisor. Lots of Bulldogs have problems with chicken (mine included) so I would try to avoid that if possible and get a limited ingredient food, again, if possible. I haven't had a bulldog puppy so I can't tell you anything about grain free at this point. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] hopefully will chime in and go over this site and she also has lots of great info.

A lot of breeders over here recommend RC for some unknown reason (laziness, I think), also a lot of vets as they also sell it and get a kick-back

https://www.dogspot.in/review-dog-food-brands-available-india/

Thanks so much for your concern and for actually taking the trouble to find a link to in Indian website. You folk are so helpful, Iā€™m so glad I joint the forum! Thanks so much for taking the time!!

Even our breeder recommended RC, I canā€™t understand why and even went to the extend of saying, that my lads legs are turning out, as he is not getting enough nutrients due to the change in the brand.

The vetsā€™s in for getting the best out of this. He doesnā€™t sell RC himself, but said that I should change from Famina Grain Free to RC Maxi Adult, as Kobieskiā€™s legs are turning out due to him eating to much protein:no: I know the RC going to cause skin issue - so Iā€™ll be in his office more often:)

Since Famina doesnā€™t have junior, we went ahead and started RC - made a mistake. I instinctly felt it was not the right decision, but just went ahead on the advice of the vet. He is suppose to be a good one. Lesson learnt follow your instincts :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks so much for your concern and for actually taking the trouble to find a link to in Indian website. You folk are so helpful, Iā€™m so glad I joint the forum! Thanks so much for taking the time!!

Even our breeder recommended RC, I canā€™t understand why and even went to the extend of saying, that my lads legs are turning out, as he is not getting enough nutrients due to the change in the brand.

The vetsā€™s in for getting the best out of this. He doesnā€™t sell RC himself, but said that I should change from Famina Grain Free to RC Maxi Adult, as Kobieskiā€™s legs are turning out due to him eating to much protein:no: I know the RC going to cause skin issue - so Iā€™ll be in his office more often:)

Since Famina doesnā€™t have junior, we went ahead and started RC - made a mistake. I instinctly felt it was not the right decision, but just went ahead on the advice of the vet. He is suppose to be a good one. Lesson learnt follow your instincts :yes:

Iā€™ll look it up, but I think Farmina is all stages food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online