V

Vhoas

Jul 9, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Other than a 2-person restraint...
You've got to be quick if this is going to work.
IF(BIG IF) your girl likes peanut butter or EZ Cheeze or anything else soft and sticky and safe to eat...
you can smear a good amount on a smooth vertical surface(spread it around) and while your girl is preoccupied with licking it off, go to work. Do not smear it on the floor. The head will be in the down position and "up" is preferred.
The ears probably hurt and she doesn't want you messing with them. Hopefully, once properly healed, regular maintenance will be much easier.
We've also found that cleaning ears while giving a bath is, in most cases, much easier. The bully is preoccupied with the whole bath situation and the ear cleaning is not the single focus.

Thank you all for the advice.

Basically when we took her to the vet the ear drops needed wasn't in stock.
Her ears continued to be inflamed. When we managed to collect the drops, we waited until she was sleeping and we managed to drop some in her ears.

The next morning I woke up to find her head on my chest (As usual) and her ears have been perfectly fine since.
She even let me give them a quick clean yesterday.

All the advice given on here is remembered, and I just want to thank everyone for their help.
I love Lola to death and leaving her behind tomorrow when we go on holiday is going to be one of the most difficult things I'll ever have to do.
Coming home from a stressful day at work and seeing this little fatty running towards me as I get out my car makes everything better.

:)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Keep administering the drops for at least 10 days, 2 weeks is better. An infection will not be completely cured "overnight".

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.