ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It says it won't open...

OP
Manydogs

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@ddnene @helsonwheels @sisters3 I am sorry,my computer and I are not working well! It seems there is an illness, that is contagious, spreading. It is similar to "whooping cough" and lasts for weeks. The Vets say to NOT take your dogs to dog parks, or any public places where there are other dogs that you do not know.
12 Investigates: Dangerous virus killing dogs - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

#2=

Photos

Mysterious disease spreading among Virginia dogs

Posted: Aug 06 2018 07:48AM EDT
Updated: Aug 06 2018 07:49AM EDT

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WCAV) - A mysterious disease is spreading among dogs in Virginia.
Veterinarians said they have no name for it, but it’s similar to the whooping cough, but in dogs. A vet in Charlottesville said they have seen 22 dogs with the disease since Thursday. Other vet practices said they have seen more than 40 dogs with the cough in the last month.
Veterinarians are urging dog owners to avoid socializing your dog at this time this until the spread of the disease dies down.
“With a lot of boarding facilities and people traveling, I think it’s coming from dog parks, groomers, boarding, kennels,” Emily Gordon with the Autumn Trails Veterinary Center explained to WCAV.
Gordon said she urges to bring their dogs to the vet right away if they have any of the symptoms, and warns the illness can take up to three weeks to run its course.

Last edited:

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] [MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] I am sorry,my computer and I are not working well! It seems there is an illness, that is contagious, spreading. It is similar to "whooping cough" and lasts for weeks. The Vets say to NOT take your dogs to dog parks, or any public places where there are other dogs that you do not know.
12 Investigates: Dangerous virus killing dogs - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

I found the article, so scary and YOU ROCK for bringing it to our attention. VERY IMPORTANT information for sure. Thank you Lynn!!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Wow, thanks for sharing that, never heard about it till now. I was just looking if I could find out any updated info as to cause, and stumbled across another disease, "Alabama Rot" which is like a flesh eating strep in dogs, and is fatal 90% of the time. They think that one is caused by e coli after you take your dog for a muddy walk.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-alabama-rot-symptoms-map-11899881

OP
Manydogs

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thank you for that info! Soon we will have to live in a sterile bubble! Sometimes finding out more info scares the heck out of me! :hissy: It used to be that once they had the yearly shots,all was well. Now, even they are in question!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
OMG!! How terrifying....So glad Ellie will have at home sitters, when we go on vacation...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
135 dogs died within 6yrs...135 too many for sure..but it’s not an epidemic out of all the millions of dogs out there.

Interesting articles! Thank you for posting them!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.