Real Name
    Sofia
    Country
    Greece
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kyla
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My puppy is limping

I send you the most recent photo because she is sleeping now.I try to take a better photo from above
    -img-bd001e9138270bab549c9885b0cfd07b-jpg

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Sofia
    Country
    Greece
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kyla
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Don’t worry about the weight..just a puppy.
    Also..what does Kyla eat, how much per day n what’s her snacks?
    We feed her with Acana food for puppies and we add salmon oil once a day.She eats 100gr -3 times per day.Also we give her orijen treats with lamb- 5/6 pieces per day as a reward.but you stop the treats for a week now because we are worried for her weight.

Real Name
    Sofia
    Country
    Greece
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kyla
    Likes (Received)

-img-503322a54a1facb30e03821f3b85f1d2-jpg

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sofia View Post
    We feed her with Acana food for puppies and we add salmon oil once a day.She eats 100gr -3 times per day.Also we give her orijen treats with lamb- 5/6 pieces per day as a reward.but you stop the treats for a week now because we are worried for her weight.
    You’re feeding her perfectly. She’s only 5months old plus she’s sitting down so yes you’ll only see their belly hanging. She’s adorable!! Regarding the lamb part, you mean fresh lamb cubes with the treats? 100r 3x per day is less than a pound as 454gr is a pound. So 300gr per day of Acana is fine. What are the calories of the orijen treats? Orijen n Acana (same company)is one of the top quality of food you can give to a dog but orijen is much higer in calories. Keep an eye out on them treats. If it’s 5-6 pieces of lamb cubes/pieces also keep an eye out as both are very rich for everyday treats. Great treats but give 1/2 of it. Get her to eat a few fresh frozen green beans as snacks. Rotate the snacks.

By the way, is that a flea collar around her neck? If so get rid of that, them collars are made with pesticides!!!

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Sofia
    Country
    Greece
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kyla
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    You’re feeding her perfectly. She’s only 5months old plus she’s sitting down so yes you’ll only see their belly hanging. She’s adorable!! Regarding the lamb part, you mean fresh lamb cubes with the treats? 100r 3x per day is less than a pound as 454gr is a pound. So 300gr per day of Acana is fine. What are the calories of the orijen treats? Orijen n Acana (same company)is one of the top quality of food you can give to a dog but orijen is much higer in calories. Keep an eye out on them treats. If it’s 5-6 pieces of lamb cubes/pieces also keep an eye out as both are very rich for everyday treats. Great treats but give 1/2 of it. Get her to eat a few fresh frozen green beans as snacks. Rotate the snacks.

By the way, is that a flea collar around her neck? If so get rid of that, them collars are made with pesticides!!!
    The treats that I bought is that https://www.orijen.ca/us/foods/dog-f...rass-fed-lamb/
    They told me that lamb is more hypoallergenic that other meat.it has 5 calories per treat.
    Your reccomendation about fresh beans is perfect.I prefer give her fresh food as they are more healthy.besides Kyla don't have any preferences at food.she eat everything with enthousiasm.
    About the flea collar ,we bought for extra safety especially for the mosquitoes and kala-azar disease.Except for that we put a insect repellent for dogs when we go for a walk and once a month we put her a ampoule with reppelent around the neck.I dont know of we overdoing with all that.
    We afraid kala azar mostly because when we go to our vet and talk with other dog owners ,some of them have problems with kala azsar that trouble their pets.
    I have read some articles that refer to more natural ways to have the same protection but I dont know if that are enough.

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

The treats that I bought is that https://www.orijen.ca/us/foods/dog-f...rass-fed-lamb/
    They told me that lamb is more hypoallergenic that other meat.it has 5 calories per treat.
    Your reccomendation about fresh beans is perfect.I prefer give her fresh food as they are more healthy.besides Kyla don't have any preferences at food.she eat everything with enthousiasm.
    About the flea collar ,we bought for extra safety especially for the mosquitoes and kala-azar disease.Except for that we put a insect repellent for dogs when we go for a walk and once a month we put her a ampoule with reppelent around the neck.I dont know of we overdoing with all that.
    We afraid kala azar mostly because when we go to our vet and talk with other dog owners ,some of them have problems with kala azsar that trouble their pets.
    I have read some articles that refer to more natural ways to have the same protection but I dont know if that are enough.
    As most knows I’m for the holistic way. I do a mix for both my dogs and it absolutely works 100% as I do go for walks in the Rockies where there are ticks n fleas n mosquitos.....Canada does have lots of them 3 little buggers. Some members have tried it and they swear by it to.

FOr ticks/fleas/mosquitoes

14 oz of Witch Hazel
    12 drops of Lavender
    15 drops of Citronella
    15 drops of Lemongrass

Put all in a spray bottle and shake.

Also you can add pure lavender or eucalyptus lemon oil on top (outside) the collar.
    People thinks..”what can a nice smelling oil do”...it actually burns their little receptors.

Have a look at this thread and you’ll find great recipes that works or I wouldn’t post them if it didn’t.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...tial-oils.html

https://www.beyondpesticides.org/***...eucalyptus.pdf

9. Likes 2BullyMama, Sofia liked this post
    Real Name
    Sofia
    Country
    Greece
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kyla
    Likes (Received)

We finally went to an orthopedic phycisian.he did x-rays at kyla to see that is the real problem.
    The news are bad.The xrays show that kyla has symptoms of dysplasia at two hinder legs.The bones at her shoulders grow more then normal.The worse part and the most concerning is that the doctor said that her bones aren't grow at the edges as normal but kyla's bones grow also at the midle and that is extremly painful.
    Then we went back to our vet to show him the test and said that the growing of bones stop in same point as kyla grow up and those points in the bones will close.
    Sorry for my english.I want your opinion if you had a similar problem as you have a big experience with eb.
    I am depressed with all that and angry because the first thing the doctor said to us is why did you buy an eb,if we know that eb have problems.we love our dog and we will do everything to have a happy and normal life without pains.
    Thank you again

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We finally went to an orthopedic phycisian.he did x-rays at kyla to see that is the real problem.
    The news are bad.The xrays show that kyla has symptoms of dysplasia at two hinder legs.The bones at her shoulders grow more then normal.The worse part and the most concerning is that the doctor said that her bones aren't grow at the edges as normal but kyla's bones grow also at the midle and that is extremly painful.
    Then we went back to our vet to show him the test and said that the growing of bones stop in same point as kyla grow up and those points in the bones will close.
    Sorry for my english.I want your opinion if you had a similar problem as you have a big experience with eb.
    I am depressed with all that and angry because the first thing the doctor said to us is why did you buy an eb,if we know that eb have problems.we love our dog and we will do everything to have a happy and normal life without pains.
    Thank you again
    so very sorry for this news... your heart must be crushed! Are there any options for her and are they available to you? have no experience but others may have some insight to help you.
    @oscarmayer @Manydogs
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Sofia
    Country
    Greece
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kyla
    Likes (Received)

Only surgery which cost a lot of money and only few doctors to know how to do it.tomorrow we have an appointment with another doctor for a second opinion.

13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Only surgery which cost a lot of money and only few doctors to know how to do it.tomorrow we have an appointment with another doctor for a second opinion.
    Please keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Please let us know about your little one. I hope there is help for her.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads