sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi all.....

When Joey found me for her Mom I told my cousin who had a neighbor who had been looking for an EB. I told her where Joey was born and that neighbor of hers went and got Joey's brother. I've kept tabs on him, pretty different from Joey, not in a bad way, just different. Crate overnight, still very rowdy.

Well my cousin called me last night to tell me that Joey's brother died of a heart attack while they were traveling to Florida. My heart broke! I have no idea if it was heat stroke, congenital, nothing. I was so worried last night but this morning realized that worrying will do nothing but take up time better served by loving Joey :)

Really threw me for a loop.......Just had to share with my friends here.

Sue

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG that is awful... I'm so sorry. It's horrific to lose your pet like that, with absolutely NO warning whatsoever... we just have to enjoy every day we have with our fur babies.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
OMG that is awful... I'm so sorry. It's horrific to lose your pet like that, with absolutely NO warning whatsoever... we just have to enjoy every day we have with our fur babies.

My feelings exactly! At first it really, really had me worried that a sibling of Joey's could die so suddenly.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh I know.....unimaginable !

- - - Updated - - -

I feel awful for them......

Thank you Helene :)

Ohhh bella, our hands are tied when it comes to situations like so. There is nothing we can do but just be therefor them n listen.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So awful sad.. I'm so sorry to hear

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How incredibly heartbreaking.... away from home and so sudden. Only 3 yrs ild, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
so incredibly sad :(

It's so hard getting my head wrapped around that he died, so young. I am seriously trying really hard not to focus on that fact, but my head is saying one thing and my heart....another. I know that there is nothing that I can do now that he is gone, I just WISH that they would have tried to figure out what happened instead of accepting it. UNLESS they it was obvious to them.....like heat stroke..., but they're not saying. I'm going to ask my cousin to call them and try to find out more.

Do you agree or should I just let it be?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's so hard getting my head wrapped around that he died, so young. I am seriously trying really hard not to focus on that fact, but my head is saying one thing and my heart....another. I know that there is nothing that I can do now that he is gone, I just WISH that they would have tried to figure out what happened instead of accepting it. UNLESS they it was obvious to them.....like heat stroke..., but they're not saying. I'm going to ask my cousin to call them and try to find out more.

Do you agree or should I just let it be?

At age of three... something had to be going on with him or as you said, the car was not cool enough for him and the anxiety of the trip caused heat stroke. I would not have just accepted it, but that is me. I had a necropsy done on Banks cause I could not wrap my head around he being fine the day before, eating, drinking, playing... then wake up at 2 AM, vomiting and passed at 3:00 PM that day. Unfortunately, we know why she died, but no answer as to what caused it :(

For you with Joey, just be aware, which you are of any changes or signs something is off -- no one knows your baby like you do... so I would not be concerned of it happening to him unless you see some signs of pain or behavior changes.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.