sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
At age of three... something had to be going on with him or as you said, the car was not cool enough for him and the anxiety of the trip caused heat stroke. I would not have just accepted it, but that is me. I had a necropsy done on Banks cause I could not wrap my head around he being fine the day before, eating, drinking, playing... then wake up at 2 AM, vomiting and passed at 3:00 PM that day. Unfortunately, we know why she died, but no answer as to what caused it :(

For you with Joey, just be aware, which you are of any changes or signs something is off -- no one knows your baby like you do... so I would not be concerned of it happening to him unless you see some signs of pain or behavior changes.

Thank you so much Christine!! Makes me feel better, you're very reassuring, always! I will continue to keep a very close eye on Joey. I'm a protective mama and proud of it :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you so much Christine!! Makes me feel better, you're very reassuring, always! I will continue to keep a very close eye on Joey. I'm a protective mama and proud of it :)

As you should be! :up:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww that's so sad, so sorry to hear that. Sending Hugs and prayers your way. You're right, you can't worry about what might happen to Joey, it's sad when anyone loses their Furbabies, and we all have a limited time with our dogs, since we outlive them. All we can do is make every day special with them, love on them, and give them the best life that we can while we have them.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Aww that's so sad, so sorry to hear that. Sending Hugs and prayers your way. You're right, you can't worry about what might happen to Joey, it's sad when anyone loses their Furbabies, and we all have a limited time with our dogs, since we outlive them. All we can do is make every day special with them, love on them, and give them the best life that we can while we have them.

Such true, kind words!!!! You are so right, I will keep repeating them to myself...as I enjoy my wonderful Joey :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Questions to ask...
What signs did the note before the episode?
Was he over weight?
In his lifetime...
Had he experienced symptoms of/been evaluated for/been treated for
Enlarged palate?
Heart Murmur?
Heart worms?
Heat Stroke?
Any other heart/lung condition?

I hope you find answers that ultimately will help Joey enjoy a long happy life.
But if you don't, know that Joey WILL enjoy the longest and happiest life possible as long as you're around to make it happen.
Because you are a great Bulldog Mom, Sue!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Questions to ask...
What signs did the note before the episode?
Was he over weight?
In his lifetime...
Had he experienced symptoms of/been evaluated for/been treated for
Enlarged palate?
Heart Murmur?
Heart worms?
Heat Stroke?
Any other heart/lung condition?

I hope you find answers that ultimately will help Joey enjoy a long happy life.
But if you don't, know that Joey WILL enjoy the longest and happiest life possible as long as you're around to make it happen.
Because you are a great Bulldog Mom, Sue!

OMG thank you, thank you, thank you Chip!!! I copied your suggestions and sent to my cousin. I asked her if I could have their phone number or perhaps she could give them my phone number. I don't want to make the situation worse but I would feel so much better knowing. YOU ROCK !!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Please keep us informed on what they say...
hoping you get some answers.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online