URGENT!!! SEASON ALLERGIES!!!!!!

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
Hi my name is Mirijane i have a 4 mon english bulldog name Botti. Since yesterday i started noticing that his having like running nose its clear but i didnt see that before till yesterdy and today. someone told me to give him Benadryl but i dont know if i should? And how much? I have benadryl in a pill form and dont know how much to give him ?!! PLEASE HELP I DONT LIKE SEEING HIM LIKE THAT šŸ˜­šŸ˜­:(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi my name is Mirijane i have a 4 mon english bulldog name Botti. Since yesterday i started noticing that his having like running nose its clear but i didnt see that before till yesterdy and today. someone told me to give him Benadryl but i dont know if i should? And how much? I have benadryl in a pill form and dont know how much to give him ?!! PLEASE HELP I DONT LIKE SEEING HIM LIKE THAT ����:(

The Benadryl is 1 (25mg) for every 25lbs . BUT....yes a BUT...if heā€™s catching a cold or has something else, you should wait to see BEFORE giving Benadryl as it might not what he needs. You said itā€™s clear, is it still clear like water? Is it thick n guk style? Is it just the nose thatā€™s running?

OP
Bottii12

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
Its clear watery and its just the nose. How can i know if its just a simple thing and not something that i have to worry about?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Its clear watery and its just the nose. How can i know if its just a simple thing and not something that i have to worry about?

Does it leak a lot? You have a diffuser at home? If so put it above his kennel for the night and add eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender. 8drops of each. It will clear up. Humidity also is good but right now if itā€™s just clear n leaking a bit, wait till tomorrow see how he is. Also all his beddings show use natural soaps n no softeners.

OP
Bottii12

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
Its not leaking too much but u can see his nose wet n then it will dry up and then again you will see its leaking .. Ohh goshh !! I dont have a diffuser���� but i can get one no problem!!! Oh ok natural soap ONLY!! i was using softner.. .. i just hope his better tomorrow ����. is it normal that his breathing fast ? Like right now he is taking a nap amd breathing hard and fast

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Its not leaking too much but u can see his nose wet n then it will dry up and then again you will see its leaking .. Ohh goshh !! I dont have a diffuserļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ but i can get one no problem!!! Oh ok natural soap ONLY!! i was using softner.. .. i just hope his better tomorrow ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½. is it normal that his breathing fast ? Like right now he is taking a nap amd breathing hard and fast

It gets wet then dry? hmmm I think you need to breathe. Heā€™s only 4months old and puppies will breath faster.

Regarding soaps, start using fragrance free. If you want to use a softener, replace it with vinegar. Yes I said vinegar. If youā€™re new to Bullies, donā€™t panic. Dogs are dogs, just bullies needs just a tad more care. All dogs gets runny nose or hives or whatever...so not because itā€™s a bully heā€™ll be worst. And yes, I suggest a diffuser as itā€™s always good to have to clear the air for better breathing which youā€™ll need too. :D.

Hereā€™s great links to read..

Btw. Welcome!!!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/57090-holistic-approach.html

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Welcome Botti!
I donā€™t have any input on your issue but you will get lots of good advice here!
Oh and we need pictures of Botti too! :yes:

OP
Bottii12

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
Hi morning well Botti woke up with the same running nose and all dry up from the side of his nose last night he couldnt sleep very well. I will get the diffuser today but should i give him the benadryl now that i ser that he still has that runny nose and not getting any better??

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks i ve been getting very advises and things that i didnt know but hey im learning hehe i will post a pic of my baby

OP
Bottii12

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
C2CA6732-AF4A-4374-A68B-02C67FEAFD24.jpegC2CA6732-AF4A-4374-A68B-02C67FEAFD24.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi morning well Botti woke up with the same running nose and all dry up from the side of his nose last night he couldnt sleep very well. I will get the diffuser today but should i give him the benadryl now that i ser that he still has that runny nose and not getting any better??

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks i ve been getting very advises and things that i didnt know but hey im learning hehe i will post a pic of my baby

To get a peace of mind, you can bring him to a vet. If itā€™s just a runny nose n he eats, plays, chews like normal puppy I wouldnā€™t worry.

Rule of thumb....

The standard dosage for oral Benadryl is 1 mg per pound of body weight, given 2-3 times a day. Most drug store diphenhydramine tablets are 25 mg, which is the size used for a 25 pound dog. Always double check the dosage before giving an over the counter medication.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online