Bumps on dog...mosquito bites?

afs51

Jul 2, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
A few days ago Luna had a bump on her fur, but it did t look to be red underneath.

My boyfriend sent a joking picture of her doing her business....which alerted me to just how many bumps have appeared on her.

Any ideas or advice? Sheā€™s not scratching at them and doesnā€™t seem sensitive, but Icdont want to just ignore it.

F0DA493C-011C-4679-A1CF-3717304C8CF0.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
A few days ago Luna had a bump on her fur, but it did t look to be red underneath.

My boyfriend sent a joking picture of her doing her business....which alerted me to just how many bumps have appeared on her.

Any ideas or advice? Sheā€™s not scratching at them and doesnā€™t seem sensitive, but Icdont want to just ignore it.

View attachment 113179

Duke had that last year. Never figured out what it was. He wasnā€™t scratching either which I found odd. I did give him Benadryl and it went away. After that I started to spray both with an essential oil mix for fleas n ticks and it never reappeared. I still put that spray to both to this day cause of mosquitos n in case of ticks. Btw, great photo! Lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Duke had that last year. Never figured out what it was. He wasnā€™t scratching either which I found odd. I did give him Benadryl and it went away. After that I started to spray both with an essential oil mix for fleas n ticks and it never reappeared. I still put that spray to both to this day cause of mosquitos n in case of ticks. Btw, great photo! Lol

Hi, those look like hives, usually caused by an allergic reaction to something. Bulldozer had them a few years ago, I never did find out what caused them. I gave him Benadryl and watched him for any swelling of his eyes or face or trouble breathing. They cleared up totally after 3 days. Hives can be caused by any allergic reaction, from bug bites, like ants, bees or wasps, food allergies, any change in cleaning products or laundry soaps, or new shampoos.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
If they continue for more than a few days then he's got a staph infection

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

View attachment 113179

Look like hives to me too.... if a scab form and fur comes off easily then it is a staph infection as Chip stated. You can give Benedryl 1 mg per pound up to 3x a day if she does start scratching...

Most Reactions