Latest on Chunk's Entropion Surgery

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Hello everyone! We've been MIA for over a week because of friggin' Verizon (I hate them with every fiber of my being and if I had a choice would not give them my hard earned money!!! But that's for another forum. :D)

Anyway, Chunk had his follow-up appointment with Dr. Clinton on Thursday and got a GREAT report. Everything is healing well and I'm doing great with not cleaning the area (sound crazy doesn't it?! So hard not to do extra cleaning on a bully but cleaning would take away the natural healing.). His eyes were still producing mucous so we now have eye drops called cyclosporine to use twice a day until the bottle is gone (about 4-5 weeks). At that point, we hope that after a few weeks off of them he's still good and then he is healed! If not, he could need the drops forever but that's ok too. The craziest thing he told me about these drops - they can possibly clear up the bumps under his chin! Apparently, whatever causes the mucous, sometimes also causes skin irritations and interdigital cysts!!! I was in awe.

I'm so so so happy we had this done despite all the bumps in the road. Chunk is looking great and definitely FEELING great considering he's running around like a puppy!

Hope everyone is well ... I'm trying to catch up on all the posts and see what is going on with everyone! :)

"Hey everybody! Thanks for all your well wishes, they sure helped!!!"
573a91a9.jpg

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Great to hear that he's doing so well and running like a crazy person! Such a character, his tongue still makes me smile everytime.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Well Chunk looks just beautiful! I'm glad to here he is doing so well and it sounds like you're taking great care of him. Keep up the excellent work!

Lolita

Jun 16, 2010
Laval, Qc, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Destiny and Maximus
My Lola had it done last Feb. she's so much happier since then, the only thing was that I had to pay an extra 70$ to get the stiches out she had to be sedated. I strongly recommend this procedure we're super happy with the outcome

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my Chunk you are soooo adorable! Glad it is all going well so far :). I will be sure to ask the vet about those drops because Tidus still gets eye boogers even though his eye is doing well. Thank you for the update!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
What a beautiful mug on Chunk. Well my Wilson had that entropion surgery last year. All went well but he will always need the cyclosporin drops as his eyes tend to dry and get gummy. He has a tendency to develop an eye ulcer on one eye as well. Cyclosporin has the consistency of vegetable oil so it keeps the eyes nice and moist.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Hi ! We are new here.. but wanted to say hi to you ! he is adorable. Duke had the same surgery about a year and a half ago so I feel for you .. Duke has never had any further issues since he had it done so it was well worth it..

Your bully is so handsome! :luv:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
So happy to hear all is going so well..lol about verizon!! Had my issues there too..hope the news just gets better..welcome back to civilization! And welcome home chunk!!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Glad to hear he's doing well after the surgery! He looks as handsome as always :heart:

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Such wonderful news about Chunk's recovery! You are not going to believe this but we take Lucy to Dr.Clinton too. we love him and so does Lucy. She had a condition called distichiasis but the procedure Dr Clinton performed on her was similar to an entropian surgery. Lucy is doing really well now. We still use cyclosporin drops and sometimes we use tacrolomis but she hasn't had any more problems with irritation or ulcers since the surgery.

I was so surprised how well Lucy did post surgery and you will be amazed how quickly Chunk will heal. Just keep an eye on him that he doesn't paw at his eyes.

We are going there this week for a checkup but Lucy is doing great. Small world.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yay .. so glad it's good news about the Chunkster!!! He is such a sweet and gorgeous looking bully ... I'm so happy that he is feeling better now!!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] Thanks so much!!! We had many trials and tribulations before and after surgery! I was totally stressed about him having his first surgery ... then we had issues after the surgery with a terrible wound on his neck and head tremors! Things are REALLY looking up now!

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] Would you believe my Verizon issue is still continuing?! I'm going to LOSE my mind!!!

[MENTION=2099]LucysMum[/MENTION] It IS a small world! Not many people on here from Jersey ... so welcome!!! :) I think the closest person I've conversated with is in Philly or NY.

And thanks everyone on the compliments! He says he won't let it go to his ego TOO much. :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.