Gialola

Jul 8, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia-lola
Hey there!

Gia has this weird raised bump on her back. Its dry and the fur around it it gone. I did notice this head that seems to maybe have popped? But the bump is still there.

She is only 10 months old and we're new here. Hoping someone more experienced than us can point us in the right direction. She only eats Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream...THAT'S IT! Poor baby doesn't even get treats. We're too wary of allergies and the like. So the most shes had outside of her food, is watermelon. She only get a full water bath every 6 weeks or so. She of course gets her daily overhaul of fold & tush cleanings.;) 20180708_214427.jpg

Attachments

• 20180708_214619.jpg
    20180708_214619.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,165

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey there!

Gia has this weird raised bump on her back. Its dry and the fur around it it gone. I did notice this head that seems to maybe have popped? But the bump is still there.

She is only 10 months old and we're new here. Hoping someone more experienced than us can point us in the right direction. She only eats Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream...THAT'S IT! Poor baby doesn't even get treats. We're too wary of allergies and the like. So the most shes had outside of her food, is watermelon. She only get a full water bath every 6 weeks or so. She of course gets her daily overhaul of fold & tush cleanings.;)View attachment 113160

Welcome! it could be a staph infection, but also since he is under a year of age, I would have the vet do a skin scrape to check for mange ... Since the fur is missing, I'm thinking it is one of those two

OP
G

Gialola

Jul 8, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia-lola
Mange!?! Yikes. Thanks for responding! I've made an appointment of Wednesday. Fingers crossed it's not too much to manage.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Mange!?! Yikes. Thanks for responding! I've made an appointment of Wednesday. Fingers crossed it's not too much to manage.

Best to rule it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

Gialola

Jul 8, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia-lola
Well, it's not mange. Although I'd probably prefer that now that we've had her seen. She appears to have a couple tumors.�� They have sent out the smear tests to rule out cancer. Fingers crossed our baby is in the clear and just have to have these removed. Sure seems young to have tumors! 10 months?? Anyone else seen this in such a young bulldog?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, it's not mange. Although I'd probably prefer that now that we've had her seen. She appears to have a couple tumors.�� They have sent out the smear tests to rule out cancer. Fingers crossed our baby is in the clear and just have to have these removed. Sure seems young to have tumors! 10 months?? Anyone else seen this in such a young bulldog?

I would have never gone that direction, but thankfully you got them identified early.
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] any insight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Could be lots of things...tic bite, skeeter bite, rose thorn prick, or simple staph. Ingrown hair is certainly a possibility. I'll also add that if it's a tumor, it would be the first I've seen that "popped" and the first I've seen on such a young dog...VERY uncharacteristic.
Did the Vet prescribe any meds?
I'm no Vet but if I were I would have treated with an antibiotic and watched it for a week or so to see if it improves before any sort of biopsy and testing, that might be a considerable waste of $.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Good you brought her in. Rare at that age.. did the vet say that area of hair lost was tumors? Please keep us posted!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Regarding Helene's question about hair loss...
it's not unusual for there to be hair loss around a site of inflammation.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Im trying hard to zoom in on the picture but........ to me it looks like what seems to be typical bulldog seasonal bumps that i dont remember what we all do/did about them. Same thing that Helene was speaking of but i dont remember the remedy :/ I actually came on today to see what i could find as HANK the stinker has formed a few this year (just over two years old) and i was so sure that he would not so doing a check as to how we all handled... last year. For Hank, i think its his laying in bug piles or nats in the grass type thing but havent nailed it yet. Anyway, i do hope for yours, it's not what your vet thinks. And another question.. is he a "bulldog vet" ? As these guys are *special* :) in more ways that one, or two or three............. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.