Thread: Allergies?

Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Default Allergies?

My poor little Logan Bear. Iíve noticed that heíd been licking his paw so much I try to stop him from doing it. Also been noticing runny nose & his right ear had a little gunk in there. Cleaned it all up. I was always afraid of giving him Benadryl though. But Iím guessing itís pretty safe? Iíve also applied NuStock on his paw..if it doesnít go away, will definitely bring him to Dr. Butchko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Allergies?

Quote Originally Posted by 2bulldogsstuff View Post

My poor little Logan Bear. Iíve noticed that heíd been licking his paw so much I try to stop him from doing it. Also been noticing runny nose & his right ear had a little gunk in there. Cleaned it all up. I was always afraid of giving him Benadryl though. But Iím guessing itís pretty safe? Iíve also applied NuStock on his paw..if it doesnít go away, will definitely bring him to Dr. Butchko
    What are you feeding him? How much does he weigh? 1 Benadryl for EVERY 25lbs.

Looks raw and yes bring him to the vet.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

OUCH! Yep, allergies for sure.... wipe his paws with a cool wash cloth after being outside it will help get the allergen off the site, but in my experience, these cysts are usually related to food allergies. Anything change recently?
    Benadryl will help, but Epsom salt foot soaks are even better.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

5. Likes helsonwheels, Cbrugs, Davidh liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    OUCH! Yep, allergies for sure.... wipe his paws with a cool wash cloth after being outside it will help get the allergen off the site, but in my experience, these cysts are usually related to food allergies. Anything change recently?
    Benadryl will help, but Epsom salt foot soaks are even better.
    Switched them to a different brand cause for a minute there Logan was vomiting a little I also stopped giving yogurt and coconut oil, maybe thatís why? But I went back to their old brand. These 2 so different. Lol Brett isnít as sensitive as Logan. So Iím trying to find something that both can enjoy. Iím gonna start doing the Epsom salt foot soaks too but Logan is giving me a hard time with it heís trying to bite my hand lol cause he didnít want to be touched.

7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Switched them to a different brand cause for a minute there Logan was vomiting a little I also stopped giving yogurt and coconut oil, maybe that’s why? But I went back to their old brand. These 2 so different. Lol Brett isn’t as sensitive as Logan. So I’m trying to find something that both can enjoy. I’m gonna start doing the Epsom salt foot soaks too but Logan is giving me a hard time with it he’s trying to bite my hand lol cause he didn’t want to be touched. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So what is it you’re feeding them? What’s their snack?

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Switched them to a different brand cause for a minute there Logan was vomiting a little I also stopped giving yogurt and coconut oil, maybe thatís why? But I went back to their old brand. These 2 so different. Lol Brett isnít as sensitive as Logan. So Iím trying to find something that both can enjoy. Iím gonna start doing the Epsom salt foot soaks too but Logan is giving me a hard time with it heís trying to bite my hand lol cause he didnít want to be touched.

No need to touch the paws, if you can, just get a pan big enough for two paws and soak for about 5 mins

e.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    So what is it youíre feeding them? Whatís their snack?
    Taste of the Wild. Brett is doing good with that brand well actually with Logan too then just noticed that he would lick his paw more than Brett. So guessing there will be 2 diff brand of dog food now and Iíll see what works well with Logan. With snacks I would try to give them fresh fruits and peanut butter...I try to stay away from biscuits or some sort but both of them isnít too fond of any fruits lol. Picky eaters. Logan loves yogurt but Brett hates it lol

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Taste of the Wild. Brett is doing good with that brand well actually with Logan too then just noticed that he would lick his paw more than Brett. So guessing there will be 2 diff brand of dog food now and I’ll see what works well with Logan. With snacks I would try to give them fresh fruits and peanut butter...I try to stay away from biscuits or some sort but both of them isn’t too fond of any fruits lol. Picky eaters. Logan loves yogurt but Brett hates it lol
    You’re saying Logan is licking “more” than Brett. So Brett is also licking his paws ? I mentioned this often is the best way to buy one protein per bag. Like that it’s much easier to keep track. I prefer Acana because they put tripe in it. All dogs should be eating organs. You basically need to start over. Watch the snacks as that could also be the iss n not the kibbles. Why you need to start over only with kibbles. Once you know which one can eat what, then you do the snacks, then the toppings n then the oils on so on. Do a journal as having 2 dogs it can be confusing at times. Just a thought.

13. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Taste of the Wild. Brett is doing good with that brand well actually with Logan too then just noticed that he would lick his paw more than Brett. So guessing there will be 2 diff brand of dog food now and Iíll see what works well with Logan. With snacks I would try to give them fresh fruits and peanut butter...I try to stay away from biscuits or some sort but both of them isnít too fond of any fruits lol. Picky eaters. Logan loves yogurt but Brett hates it lol

Have you thought about full blood panel allergy test? Gives a good baseline

e.

15. Likes helsonwheels liked this post

Remove Ads