Other Allergies?

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan šŸ‘¼šŸ»šŸŒˆ(1/3/05-05/1/21)
7d4943b35ad68561116c307773e7d410.jpg

My poor little Logan Bear. Iā€™ve noticed that heā€™d been licking his paw so much I try to stop him from doing it. Also been noticing runny nose & his right ear had a little gunk in there. Cleaned it all up. I was always afraid of giving him Benadryl though. But Iā€™m guessing itā€™s pretty safe? Iā€™ve also applied NuStock on his paw..if it doesnā€™t go away, will definitely bring him to Dr. Butchko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

My poor little Logan Bear. Iā€™ve noticed that heā€™d been licking his paw so much I try to stop him from doing it. Also been noticing runny nose & his right ear had a little gunk in there. Cleaned it all up. I was always afraid of giving him Benadryl though. But Iā€™m guessing itā€™s pretty safe? Iā€™ve also applied NuStock on his paw..if it doesnā€™t go away, will definitely bring him to Dr. Butchko

What are you feeding him? How much does he weigh? 1 Benadryl for EVERY 25lbs.

Looks raw and yes bring him to the vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

OUCH! Yep, allergies for sure.... wipe his paws with a cool wash cloth after being outside it will help get the allergen off the site, but in my experience, these cysts are usually related to food allergies. Anything change recently?
Benadryl will help, but Epsom salt foot soaks are even better.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OUCH! Yep, allergies for sure.... wipe his paws with a cool wash cloth after being outside it will help get the allergen off the site, but in my experience, these cysts are usually related to food allergies. Anything change recently?
Benadryl will help, but Epsom salt foot soaks are even better.

Switched them to a different brand cause for a minute there Logan was vomiting a little I also stopped giving yogurt and coconut oil, maybe thatā€™s why? But I went back to their old brand. These 2 so different. Lol Brett isnā€™t as sensitive as Logan. So Iā€™m trying to find something that both can enjoy. Iā€™m gonna start doing the Epsom salt foot soaks too but Logan is giving me a hard time with it [emoji30] heā€™s trying to bite my hand lol cause he didnā€™t want to be touched.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Switched them to a different brand cause for a minute there Logan was vomiting a little I also stopped giving yogurt and coconut oil, maybe thatā€™s why? But I went back to their old brand. These 2 so different. Lol Brett isnā€™t as sensitive as Logan. So Iā€™m trying to find something that both can enjoy. Iā€™m gonna start doing the Epsom salt foot soaks too but Logan is giving me a hard time with it [emoji30] heā€™s trying to bite my hand lol cause he didnā€™t want to be touched. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what is it youā€™re feeding them? Whatā€™s their snack?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Switched them to a different brand cause for a minute there Logan was vomiting a little I also stopped giving yogurt and coconut oil, maybe thatā€™s why? But I went back to their old brand. These 2 so different. Lol Brett isnā€™t as sensitive as Logan. So Iā€™m trying to find something that both can enjoy. Iā€™m gonna start doing the Epsom salt foot soaks too but Logan is giving me a hard time with it [emoji30] heā€™s trying to bite my hand lol cause he didnā€™t want to be touched.

No need to touch the paws, if you can, just get a pan big enough for two paws and soak for about 5 mins

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So what is it youā€™re feeding them? Whatā€™s their snack?

Taste of the Wild. Brett is doing good with that brand well actually with Logan too then just noticed that he would lick his paw more than Brett. So guessing there will be 2 diff brand of dog food now and Iā€™ll see what works well with Logan. With snacks I would try to give them fresh fruits and peanut butter...I try to stay away from biscuits or some sort but both of them isnā€™t too fond of any fruits lol. Picky eaters. Logan loves yogurt but Brett hates it lol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Taste of the Wild. Brett is doing good with that brand well actually with Logan too then just noticed that he would lick his paw more than Brett. So guessing there will be 2 diff brand of dog food now and Iā€™ll see what works well with Logan. With snacks I would try to give them fresh fruits and peanut butter...I try to stay away from biscuits or some sort but both of them isnā€™t too fond of any fruits lol. Picky eaters. Logan loves yogurt but Brett hates it lol

Youā€™re saying Logan is licking ā€œmoreā€ than Brett. So Brett is also licking his paws ? I mentioned this often is the best way to buy one protein per bag. Like that itā€™s much easier to keep track. I prefer Acana because they put tripe in it. All dogs should be eating organs. You basically need to start over. Watch the snacks as that could also be the iss n not the kibbles. Why you need to start over only with kibbles. Once you know which one can eat what, then you do the snacks, then the toppings n then the oils on so on. Do a journal as having 2 dogs it can be confusing at times. Just a thought.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Have you thought about full blood panel allergy test? Gives a good baseline

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online